Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #121 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lethbridge is right. There are several different ways to do it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #122 
biokid101

pretty much all the websites tell me to do the same thing and the website that i go on is very detailed and im following what ur telling me and what they need.
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #123 
Lethbridge

Make sure you have all the proper nessecaties to breed and take care of the spawn is the most important thing to consider! make sure you have everything ready to go before you begin
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #124 
biokid101

i still didnt get anything yet.my parents said i am getting it today or tomorrow but idk.i have a list already and it is probably gonna be about 100 bucks!!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #125 
Lethbridge

My ten gallon setups cost me $40 CAN for the tank and light, and then another $200 CAN for supplies, like sponge filter and divider and air pump etc. so you may be looking at more money. Again i have a full time job and a car to go to the pet store whenever i need to and i can afford it, i have 3 10 gallon breeding setups ready to go, and then a a few 3 gallon setups for my better quality bettas. Just remember always buy the best stuff that you can afford that way you get high quality equipment that will last
Old 11-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #126 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good advice!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #127 
biokid101

ok i might change my mind a little and get a 5 gallon tank.200 bucks is alot but thats how much my dad is sending me and i need some money for other stuff so i might just use 100 bucks.but still my bettas are doing fine its been about 6 days since they last saw each other. my one male lost his interest in building a bubble nest he built a half of it then destroyed it.my one female lost all her stripes.she used to be all vertical dark stripes but now she is just blue and purplish color.whats my next step??
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #128 
Lethbridge

Okay if you do decide to get a 5 gallon just keep in mind that water paraments and temp etc can change very easily and make keeping a constant environment near impossible. Also if you do use a 5 gallon aquarium you will need to move the fry to a bigger tank soon then you would if you had say a 10 gallon, do you think a 100+ fry will fit in a five gallon and be comfortable? Just keep that in mind when you pick the size of your tank. Not all males will just blow a bubblenest for the fun of it, when placed by a female the male will again begin to build a nest. As for the female she will get her lines back when she is placed near the female as well, im my pairs you can only faintly see the breeding stripes but when placed near a male these lines become very clear and distinct. So in my opinion keep your conditioning for 2+ weeks, in the mean time get all your supplies and place your sponge filter in a seeded tank for a few days so that it can grow benifical bacterial. Once you have setup up your tank and conditioned your bettas long enough you can begin if you feel you are ready, but keep in mind patience is always the best thing and remember keep reading around the net and everyone so that you can learn the most about breeding bettas. Also dont forget about the live food you'll need. Also if your not willing to spend more than $200 it is going to be hard for you to be able to take care of your spawn. but if you feel you are ready after the about step well then feel free to try.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #129 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would go with a 20 gallon for breeding.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #130 
Lethbridge

Ideally 20 gallon long (20 gallon breeder)