Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #141 
biokid101

my one male built a bubble nest without the female but he didnt put alot of effort to it.my other male didnt even build one until he saw the female and yea they are side by side so they can only see each other.
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #142 
Lethbridge

I would seperate them and just keep conditioning them because the males need to save their energy and blowing a bubble nest and maintaining it will reaquire energy that could be used in the spawning period.
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #143 
biokid101

well in that case i will just condition them together for another couple days or so maybe next wednesday idk.but they eat and are healthy and the males have big bubblenests.isnt that what the signs are?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #144 
biokid101

my dad just gave my the 36 GALLON TANK!!!unbelieveable!!!!!!i cant wait to add more fish!!!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #145 
Lethbridge

Well while you keep conditioning the male and female together the male will continue to flare and build a bubble nest but also waste energy so then the energy that he built up when you condition them will not last long during the spawning process thus he may eat the fry, but congrats with the new tank remember to cycle the tank before you add anything
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #146 
biokid101

actually its not a brand new tank its the one we already have but he said its mine now and i get to do whatever i want to it.go to my thread "any suggestions?"about the bettas my males will build bubble nest no matter what even if i take my female away!so hes the one who doesnt want to save energy!!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #147 
Lethbridge

He will still build the nest bigger and more full if a female is present and the extra movement and flaring at the female wastes energy aswell. But its up to you to condition them together. So what do you plan to do with that tank use it for breeding bettas for an actually aquarium?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #148 
biokid101

im going to use it for an actual aquarium cause we have 4 swordtails,3 cories,1 pleco,2 angelfish,and 2 silver dollars in it but i want to add more fish to it and stuff
Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #149 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid101 View Post
im going to use it for an actual aquarium cause we have 4 swordtails,3 cories,1 pleco,2 angelfish,and 2 silver dollars in it but i want to add more fish to it and stuff
If at all possible try and get a butterfly flatfish pleco, they look like the hillstream loach and they are very good cleaners and plus they look cool too however they are pretty expensive, i bought a few and it cost me $24 ea and the good thing is they stay nice and small cause you dont want to over populate the tank
Old 11-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #150 
biokid101

wow 24 dollars!! that must be a good fish.i dont think my lfs sells them tho. any other suggestions?