Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #31 
biokid101

my female mostly has dark DARK vertical lines and sometimes when she sees the female she gets horizontal but this is rare for her very rare! i asked the question about the cover because my male made a small bubble nest under the slanted end of the tank and thats it.do bettas build bubble nests when there is a storm?
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thats funny that you asked that because I just read in my book that nest building can occur when the barometric pressure changes rapidly.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #33 
Rohland

vertical stripes are breeding stripes
horizontal stripes are stress stripes.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #34 
biokid101

i was just skimming through betta bubble nests on google and i found it said that exact thing.we had a storm on friday and nothing happened.right now my female has vertical stripes.do the males ever show interest in them?how?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #35 
biokid101

im really upset.they dont want to breed and i have everything ready.my male is not interested in the male but my male likes her and nips at her then she goes insane and jumps around everywhere.there is still no bubble nest.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #36 
Rohland

are they together? You dont have food yet!
also those nips will need to be treated or else it could turn into fin rot.
Thats why your bettas need to be in a minimun 2.5 gal aquarium so it could be heated, the water can stay fresher longer, then you can have a filter and add salt or medicate with melafix.

Last edited by Rohland; 10-18-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #37 
biokid101

i have treatment for her and the male. she doesnt have any torn fins now and they have been together all day!! one time he was getting close to her and she just stays still like nothings happeneing then she started to wiggle then he started to wiggle then its over.when do i know shes interested?i do have food by the way they are brine shrimp.a blue female and a red orange male betta can mate right?

Last edited by biokid101; 10-18-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #38 
Rohland

yes colour doesnt matter. what do you mean by brine shrimp.
Eggs, frozen, freeze dried?
So you are spawning in your 10 gal tank, it is heated, there is plants, the filter is off, its filled halfway?
Have you stopped feeding the male and female? Is there a light close by that can be left on so the male can see the eggs at all time?
When you remove the female what will she be going in?
When you remove the male what will he be going in?

Please reply about what brine shrimp you have!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #39 
biokid101

they will all be in the same tank but with dividers. until christmas when i get another tank. its better than a bowl! i just have regular live brine shrimp they hatched a couple days ago and they have gotten a bit bigger. when the eggs are 2 days old i will put more in so they can hatch while i first feed them.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #40 
Rohland

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid101 View Post
they will all be in the same tank but with dividers. until christmas when i get another tank. its better than a bowl! i just have regular live brine shrimp they hatched a couple days ago and they have gotten a bit bigger. when the eggs are 2 days old i will put more in so they can hatch while i first feed them.
Okay, well you would need another divider then to keep them separated from the babies, however this is not enough space. Are you hatching the brine shrimp yourself, or buying them live? Because after 36 hours (I am not 100% on this time, it may be 18 hours actually) they brine shrimp lose their nutritional value and are useless to feed your fish.
If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.
I dont like writing on this thread anymore, since there isnt any other input so basically is just a long private message going back and forth.