Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #421 
rubyfire

awww so glad they made it this far :D yes he should servive
if you dont have lettuce you might have to go with the egg yoke
Good Luck!!
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #422 
biokid101

yea i might have to but i dont have an ice cube tray. i might just wait till next time to breed them and when i have all my supplies. i can see 2 baby tails hanging from the bubble nest and 3 fry on the floor swimming around but just on the floor hanging on to plants.they change spots so im like WHERE DID THEY GO!! i know there r more fry in the bubblenest because hes taking them into this tall part of the bubble nest and there could be bunches of them.he is destroying the unused bubbles. IM SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM!!
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #423 
Lethbridge

Okay sorry i didnt answer sooner i usually dont go on her unless i am at work! However you can feed them infusia but that can take almost 2 weeks to culture correctly and you dont have that kind of time. You will have natural infusia in your aquarium if you have alot of live plants because when parts of the plant breaks down this is what it creates! Just look for full WHITE bellies that will indicate they have eaten infusia if you have live plants. However egg yoke is alot easier and more convient, you dont need an ice cube tray just make a new batch every 3 days. Just follow to post i sent you before its better than nothing, keep in mind the fry will go better off infusia but without enough time egg yoke will be your best bet!
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #424 
biokid101

well if egg yolk is 3 days it will be to late because the fry are starting to fall from the bubble nest and my male is catching them.they know how to swim but they dont swim horizontally. i dont have live plants in there so idk.im just gonna have to wait till next time.i have absolutely nothing to feed them. i wonder if they have ever survived wth anything besides live food or egg yolk. well anyway, when should i take the male out?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #425 
Lethbridge

NO making the egg yoke takes like 20 minutes (just need to egg to boil) but you need to remake the egg every three days or it will go bad! Dont give up, just use the egg, it works well. You can try freeze dried krill, and crush it to a very fine powder. Also you remove the male when the fry are free swimming - like this way not up and down. And the fry can live for 2-3 days off there yoke sac so dont worry so much, just try the eggs yoke
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #426 
biokid101

well ok ill try to get permission to do that.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #427 
Lethbridge

ya definately try like it is super easy, and then you can raise the fry! just follow the steps i sent you before
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #428 
biokid101

wait what can i use other than an ice tray?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #429 
Lethbridge

Okay well let me say first you dont need an ice cube tray, that was just so you only needed to boil one egg and you could store it over a long period of time, you can just keep making a new egg mixture every three days, but if you want to freeze it so you only have to do it once, then you could use a few plastic bags, and put a little bit into a few bags, then free and then when you want to use it just thaw it and add the water then add it to a spray bottle, then your good to go
Old 01-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #430 
biokid101

wow im confused???? ok now i hardboil the egg, mash up the yolk,and then i..... do what with the bags?