Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #501 
biokid101

oh wow i never thot of that that makes alot of sense! yea guppies would get boring but its a good starter fish for breeding like ruby said.i might just keep one. im gonna miss them but im doing the right thing its better for me and them.but i have a 36 gallon tank downstairs with alot of other big fish. angelfish would never let a chance to eat guppy fry go by.i might keep hercules i love him i cant get over his beauty. :( i cried cause i didnt wanna give him up(yea im 14 im sensitive ask the girls in my school lol).
its just guppies! alot of guppies would be perfect for me and my brother to raise by ourselfs!! im going tomorrow after my orthadontist appointment(stupid braces).i leave early from school HALELUJA or how ever u spell that!
i get to even pick the guppies that i want!! omg i cant wait for tomorrow! my moms boyfriends neice was very upset when my moms bf told her she cant have them. she cried :( i felt bad but i knew she wasnt gonna be able to care for them. im sorry im yappin here.
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #502 
rubyfire

Aww well then you should keep him ;) and yes the angel fish would help too.(i want angel fish :P) lol HALLELUJAH
Good Luck with picking them out
(im supose to get braces but my mom just never seems to get an appoitment)
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #503 
biokid101

i have an appointment tomorrow i was wearing these for a year exactly.
i might have to ask to keep him cause i dont feel safe putting him in with the guppies i dont want him to attack the babies incase i miss them giving birth.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #504 
rubyfire

well wen you ask point out that it is only one betta. But wen you get a whole tank full of adult guppies you can put him in there to keep the population down.
;)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #505 
dr2b

My boyfriend has his females with the guppies and they are fine together. I think he had his male in there before the females with them - no fighting or nipping.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #506 
biokid101

yea but every baby that he sees he will eat right? i just feel wierd about it idk. im gonna ask if not then i will just feed the fry to my angels swordtails silver dollars cories and pleco then in the 36 gallon im sure they will like them. my swordtail should be due soon its huge and the gravid spot is dark and i can see babies eyes maybe in a couple days i might put her in with my guppies so she can have her babies in the breeders net. will guppies do fine without a heater with the water 72 degrees to 80?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #507 
rubyfire

mine did fine without a hood (at the time i could only aford a plain 10 gal and a filter and was surprised that they did so well in the cold water) so yes they should be fine.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #508 
biokid101

yea i read they can do good from 50 to 90 degrees farenheit im glad cause i dont have a heater. i have a hood and a filter and a light. did they breed in the water like that with u? and btw i have a 5 gallon and im getting 3 guppies 2 females and a male maybe 3 females and a male idk. and im gonna breed them to get a bigger tank by showing that the fish r getting to crammed up inside there to my parents. not the best plant but anyway im still breeding them in it.ok i only have 14 bucks and im going to buy some plants and gravel i hope. omg i hope my mom can help me out. i have to go right after my orthadontist. do any of ur friends think ur weird cause u breed fish?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #509 
rubyfire

idk i dont realy talk to my friends about it...I know one of my friends had a betta and it didnt last very long(i think she still has the body in the little tank she had it in O.o but that was a while ago before i knew much about bettas) I know my cousin and aunt think its cool though ;)
But anyways with 1 female guppy your going to end up with a lot of babies let alone 2 or 3!!! lol and your surely going to have to upgrade.
Wish You Luck!!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #510 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeeuuuwww! Why would someone keep a dead fish in a tank??
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote