Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #561 
Lethbridge

There are many signs of birth you are going to need to watch your females very carefully! Then you will know when they will give birth
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #562 
biokid101

my females arent HUGE but they are big and the gravid spots are dark and big.but on the new ones i got today not on the old one.the old ones r still light and small. but i picked very carefully at the lfs and picked 3 pregnant ones. listen carefully. one of my new females is always at the bottom of the tank. i fed them a couple of minutes ago and i was watching her and she didnt even eat.she ran up to a few and she just ignored them.then she went back to the bottom of the tank.she doesnt sit on the gravel but she just floats like a couple cm off of it. is she near birthing?she is also squared off a little.
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #563 
Lethbridge

She may be sick! most females hide when they are about to give birth not sit near the bottom
Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #564 
biokid101

OH NO!!!! she is fat to if she was sick she wouldnt be pregnant!!! nononnonnonononnoooo!! but she seperates herself from everyone else.and i fed them this morning and all 3 of the new girls didnt eat anything.they r all fat like i said.one of them ate but then spit it out.they just seperated themselves and went behing a plant and they always pick at the gravel. im scared i dont want them to die!! idk why they didnt eat!! i just dont know when they r gonna give birth.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #565 
dramaqueen
Banned

They probably didn't eat because they're about to give birth.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #566 
Lethbridge

That is possible however, since they did not all eat i doubt they would all be about to give birth, do a water change
Old 01-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #567 
biokid101

nice avatar lethbridge is that a new betta?

i just finished the water change actually.the 3 females are moving around but one stops at the top left corner another at the bottom right corner and another one behong a plant. i think fry are coming soon!! but i wont be able to handle 3 guppys giving birth.i have a breeder box for one and a part of a tank for the other.but im just gonna have to see.i think by friday at least one will have given birth.i think its the small fat one. its about an inch long and its stomach is pretty big. i was watching on youtube guppys giving birth and they were huge and mine are a little smaller than them so i might be expecting them soon.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #568 
Lethbridge

Thanks, yes it is my gold dragon crowntail!
Well maybe the guppy that is not moving much may be pregnant and going to give birth soon, remember the size doesnt really matter. i would be able to tell you how soon if you posted pictures, i know i use to be accurate within 2 days, dont know how goopd i am anymore
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #569 
biokid101

i dont know how to post pictures on here except copy them from a site then paste it on here.i have some pictures of them in my inbox in my email address i just cant get it on here.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #570 
biokid101

ok i fed my two female guppies that r now in the breeding part of the tank cause they dont eat and r big and they didnt eat. i feed them flakes and freeze dried bloodworms as a snack. they just dont eat. one female is a little "wobbly" she swims by side to side like she has something kicking her stomach from left to right. im scared i checked the water and its fine i did the water change and nothing. i should be expecting some soon tho.