Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #111 
dramaqueen
Banned

This is why I asked a mod if this topic was ok. Not necessarily because of the contents or that I'm against Olimpia, etc I KNEW this subject would be trouble and that's what it's become.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #112 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Scientific evidence that it is not a choice aside (though there is plenty of that), why would anyone consciously make the choice to have a non traditional orientation? Despite the fact that it is much more widely accepted then it used to be, sexual minorities are still stigmatized, bullied (or have hate crimes committed against them), and still have unfair disadvantages in certain areas. There is nothing wrong with other sexualities in my eyes... But being strait certainly seems like the easier way to live.

You can't turn a sexuality on and off... A homosexual person can date as many people from the opposite sex as they want but it doesn't make them heterosexual, just as a heterosexual dating someone of the same sex doesn't make them homosexual. Like I said before, sexuality is part of who you are and a permanent thing.

I doubt you can think of the moment you decided to like men, and I'm sure everyone else, no matter their sexuality, can not remember when they decided to like whoever they like (or not at all).

Can we please get this thread back on topic now, before it's closed?

Last edited by MattsBettas; 11-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #113 
jaysee
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/why-you-cant-be-born-gay/
http://socialinqueery.com/2013/03/18...5-reasons-why/
Why are there different genders? If we were born to be gay, why make two opposite genders? No, I don't have to say that I am straight. I am straight. Please do not question my orientation. I made it because that is they way things go. It takes a man and a woman to make another human. Otherwise, there wouldn't be two genders. I do not pretend to be straight. That assumtion is empty and otherwise irrelevant to the fact that we all agree that someone's orientation shouldn't be judged. BTW, I am a teen and I know what to believe in.

I respect people who are of different orientations. I have nothing against you. Even as a Christian, I believe in the fact that people should not be judged on what they do or who they are.

No one has to be gay. So, what is the opposite? Choosing to be gay. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. You have your beliefs and you should stick to them. I am merely voicing my opinion on the matter. I will leave now as it is apparent that I am not making the situation better.

Olympia, I am sorry that the recent posts have gotten a bit off topic.
You have to be joking with those "sources". Here's the first paragraph of the first source.

Quote:
The most effective, and I would argue the only, way to stop the homosexual political agenda is to direct discussions to a topic that homosexuals have successfully protected from public debate; whether people are “born gay.”
You call this science? It's religious propaganda.

It's a big world out there - much bigger than your teenage eyes have seen.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #114 
Omnom

Sometimes sexualities can change over time; people are weird like that. When I was little I had to pretend to have a crush on this one guy because my friends didn't believe that I wouldn't have a crush on someone. Then he turned out to be, like, my cousin once removed? and that was...awkward. LOL. Maybe as I age my perceptions will too; I'm barely an adult, so who knows? I've got my whole life ahead of me!

But I've always loved people, in a motherly sort of way. I always wanted to be a mom, but never a wife. That's why I have fish-babies and, like, twenty cats (okay just one at the moment but maybe when I have a permanent place 3?). Heheh.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #115 
trilobite

Quote:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/why-you-cant-be-born-gay/
http://socialinqueery.com/2013/03/18...5-reasons-why/
Why are there different genders? If we were born to be gay, why make two opposite genders? No, I don't have to say that I am straight. I am straight. Please do not question my orientation. I made it because that is they way things go. It takes a man and a woman to make another human. Otherwise, there wouldn't be two genders. I do not pretend to be straight. That assumtion is empty and otherwise irrelevant to the fact that we all agree that someone's orientation shouldn't be judged. BTW, I am a teen and I know what to believe in.

I respect people who are of different orientations. I have nothing against you. Even as a Christian, I believe in the fact that people should not be judged on what they do or who they are.

No one has to be gay. So, what is the opposite? Choosing to be gay. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. You have your beliefs and you should stick to them. I am merely voicing my opinion on the matter. I will leave now as it is apparent that I am not making the situation better.

Olympia, I am sorry that the recent posts have gotten a bit off topic.
Those arent scientific examples, just a persons opinion. Read the articles I gave you. Real, peer reviews scientific articles.

They can even see the physical difference between a straight and gay brain. Straight men have a larger right hemisphere while gay men have relatively symmetrical brains (similar to straight women). You cant choose the size and wiring of your brain hemispheres...youre born with it
http://content.time.com/time/health/...815538,00.html

Anyway, kinda sucks how this innocent thread has degraded into this... Back to aesexuals
Old 11-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #116 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post

Anyway, kinda sucks how this innocent thread has degraded into this... Back to aesexuals
Well, I don't know why people keep pushing to prove me wrong. You say that I cannot see with my eyes the world I was born into. Yes, I can. I see all of the war, the fighting, and the judgement. We are becoming more separated every day. And if I am a teenager, isn't it sad that you are pinning down on me when you are adults who are supposed to set an example for me? I feel segregated because of my age and because of my decision. Please, leave me be and let me make my own mind. I came here to support Olympia and I was pinned for it.

I agree with DQ, this had turned into trouble. Bottom line: doesn't matter if you are straight, bi, gay, lesbian, or asexual. People have no right to judge you. If you want to find people who are like you, go ahead, no one's stopping you. You don't have to follow the suggestions or opinions of other's.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #117 
dramaqueen
Banned

This forum isn't a religious or political platform and if I were still modding I'd shut this thing down. We need to respect each other's opinions even if we don't agree.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #118 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I don't think it should be shut down. The conversation has been respectful and representative of many different opinions without getting into an argument, and it is a neat thread with lots of support going on.

Back on track...

Can someone clarify for me whether an asexual is someone who is just disinterested in having sexual relations, or someone who is completely disinterested in having a romantic relationship? Or can it be both? Or is there a scale of sorts with different ( I don't really want to use this word...) "types"?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #119 
jaysee
Reference Team

Quote:
Well, I don't know why people keep pushing to prove me wrong.

Quote:
Alright, when I see scientific evidence I will believe that.
You asked for it....

Actually, your age isn't really relevant - there are lots of adults who share your beliefs, as you know.

you can see a movie multiple times and it can have different meanings. Likewise, you can read the same scripture multiple times and get different things from it every time. Seeing is not understanding - experience is needed for perspective. No one is putting you down or trying to make you feel bad about your lack of experience. You're young - no one can expect anything else of you. I'm just presenting the possibility that the world is not black and white.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #120 
jaysee
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post

Back on track...

Can someone clarify for me whether an asexual is someone who is just disinterested in having sexual relations, or someone who is completely disinterested in having a romantic relationship? Or can it be both? Or is there a scale of sorts with different ( I don't really want to use this word...) "types"?
I think that there is a scale. Everything is on a scale - sexuality is a continuouum.
Closed Thread