Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #121 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's like 3 years younger than the op. lol
Old 11-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #122 
PetMania

Lol, :)

I believe that knowledge and experience has no age. I have been through a lot in my life. Lack of experience? heh, um, no. It's more of I am mature enough to make decisions for myself and you should respect that. Calling me a hypocrite and saying that no one can expect much of me because I am a teen is both steryotypical and inconsequential. I respect my religion and do not want to be judged for it, as it is against the rules.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #123 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wasn't it Hardheart, Illhearted or whatever the heck her last usernamr was that said chronological age wasn't the same as mental age? lol
Old 11-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #124 
PetMania

+1

Maybe I can find some scientific evidence for that, LOL :>
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #125 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wonder if there IS any scientific evidence about that? lol
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #126 
Omnom

There are "asexuals", who are disinterested (if that's the word for it LOL) and there are "aromantics" who are disinterested in romantic relationships. One could be either or or both.

And then you might get into the whole "demiromanticpolysexualamorouszooplatonictransfato bjectkin" and it just leaves you shaking your head in "what the heck?" The farther you get into the whole gender politics thing the weirder it gets...but that's only really far down in the abyss of social networking. Stay away from there. It's a scary place.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #127 
jaysee
Reference Team

The ONLY reason that your religion is even known is because YOU put it on the table as a justification for your opinion. If your position is supported by science then religion is irrelevant.

Last edited by jaysee; 11-20-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #128 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
When do they teach sex ed in school now?
I wonder that too....They taught it to me in 7th grade but that was 10 years ago....

Hello btw
Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #129 
Soyuki

Just popping in again. Just wanted to say that like all forms of sexuality we come in different flavors. I long for a relationship that's akin to high level friendship without the intimacy (I'm not a 'touchy-grope-y kind of person'). Someone to share the end of days with :) heck even get married because my mom promised to make my renaissance dress and while that's a terrible reason for marriage the tax breaks and other benefits are stupendous.

I have not come out about my asexuality except to my friends because it's incredibly difficult to explain and often met with supreme amounts of opposition and condescending attitude... for some reason. Real Life Social Anxiety doesn't help at all. I don't know that being labeled as 'spinster' or 'most likely a lesbian' by my sister even if the latter could be right (I honestly don't know... isn't it fun. No. No it is not.)

Feel free to PM me with questions I know tons of asexual resources and tend not to judge unless you judge first, several times and then harshly.

As for kids getting on here, I think if your child is on the internet, they've already seen things they don't understand. (Heck I'm 30 and seen things I don't understand and never wish to) I think people hold off too late on introducing sexuality and then get it all thrown at them all at once. A lot more kids realize they're different and get ridiculed for it. Much better to read it in a forum likely to be supportive than to stumble across people bullying over it. That's just my opinion though.

I'm only on page 8 of this (just got home) so I may post again if I feel as though I have something to add.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #130 
Soyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
PetMania (and everyone else), remember that sexuality is not something you can choose, decide on, or consider, nor is it a phase... If anyone here can remember choosing to be attracted to whoever (or whether or not) they are attracted to, I would be very surprised. It's just part of who you are. You can choose to remain abstinent and not have sex or date or have relationships, but that's different then asexuality.

DQ, I know a few people that have never got married or have been in a long term relationship and just decided not to get married. Nothing wrong with that.

Oli... So well written! Good for you for starting this thread and being who you are.

Right on the money there.
I have absolutely no sex drive, no desire to engage. I've tried to have one, but failed miserably. I just thought something was medically wrong with me and found out through my friend (licensed therapist with a specialization in sexuality. convenience at it's finest) that I was most likely asexual. And it makes sense and explains my life nicely.

And while sexuality is fluid and can change it won't deviate too far from where you're at. (should have clarified that)
Closed Thread