Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #11 
rsskylight04

hi

I never hadinterest in dating or sex till after I was out of highschool. Does that count?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmm, no I wouldn't think so.. Asexual would mean never "getting over" that.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #13 
trilobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
It can be. It's a huge blanket term for a lot of things. Some do some don't. Some people just want emotional attachments to others, no romance.. and for others it's actually the opposite..
But yes in my case it's just like I just want to be friends with everyone. xDD
Interesting, you learn something new everyday
I guess Im not asexual then
Old 11-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #14 
rsskylight04

freedom

I wish we could all live in a world were sex and romantic relationships were not so overly important. I enjoy my relationship very much, but I hate to think that others who are not like me have to feel unusual or uneasy just for being themselves. I would hate to feel pressured by society to be anything other than who and what I am. Best wishes and my full moral support to you!

Last edited by rsskylight04; 11-19-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #15 
fidget

I know someone I feel is that way- but I think it has more to do with depression in his case... but what do I know lol.

Tim Gunn talks about being asexual in his book Gunn's Golden Rules in a frank and touching way. If I recall correctly, he doesn't go overly into it, but it's interesting that he's so honest about it. It's a short book- totally worth a read!

And if you don't read Savage Love, Dan Savage's sex/love advice column, you totally should. Everyone should. Every type of person imaginable writes in and Dan typically has sound advice and really great insights. Definitely makes you feel not so weird/alone.

Last edited by fidget; 11-19-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #16 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsskylight04 View Post
I wish we could all live in a world were sex and romantic relationships were not so overly important. I enjoy my relationship very much, but I hate to think that others who are not like me have to feel unusual or uneasy just for being themselves. I would hate to feel pressured by society to be anything other than who and what I am. Best wishes and my full moral support to you!
I completely agree with this. The "Hollywood Perspective" that tells us how we have to look and feel is just not true for so many people, and so many of us feel awkward, alone, or depressed only because we do not conform to this 'ideal' - in so many different ways. . .

Be who you are! I've always thought you were wonderful just like you, and I hate to think that you would feel uncomfortable, or strange, or any less lovely for being exactly who you have always been!

Anyway, right now you have big dreams and big goals, and focusing on school is exactly what you need to be doing. When you're ready - if you're ready, you will be! And if not? You'll find so much fulfillment in building the life you've always dreamed of and following the path you've been on since you were so young, that it isn't going to bother you one bit in the end. You're the important one here, not the rest of the world. It's odd right now, in uni, as you're steeped in this stuff - but once you're through and following your own path, I have a feeling that you won't be bothered as much by the rest of the world. . .

You're a very strong person, and one of the coolest chicks I've ever met, stay true to yourself, and I'm betting you will be happy with where you end up when all is said and done. *hugs*
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #17 
thekinetic

I am, if you can call it that. I've done so much soul searching and have tried being straight, bi, and gay. None have ever suited me. I know why and it has always been my past. I loved someone truely only once, her name was Heather, but she lost interest in me because I couldn't ever bring myself to say how I felt. It broke my heart. Then when I battled OCD it took it's toll and destroyed what was left, and emotionally it killed me. I learned what people really are about and now I have a hard time feeling anything for them, and I've tried hard to and have had people who liked me but I never felt it.

But if ever I had the chance again, I would tell her how I felt. So perhaps I'm not so far gone, if only in my dreams.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG I don't think someone 's sexual orientation or lack of it is anyone else's business.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #19 
Sakura8

Oli, I'm proud of you. You'll always get love and support from me no matter what. If you get a boyfriend and get married, I'll come to Canada for your wedding. If you don't ever get married, I'll still come to visit. If you go the other way and get married, that means you probably moved to California. :p But no matter what, you'll always be Oli and my dear dear friend.

But I agree with Chesh: focus on school!!! This stuff can wait. :)

Last edited by Sakura8; 11-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #20 
PetMania

I will always support someone regardless of their sexual orientation. I may not necessarily agree with their choice, but I won't judge them. Yeah, uh California, especially a certain city is full of these types of people.
Closed Thread