Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #81 
Chesh

*SUPERBIGHUGSFORLYMPIE*

. . . glad you found someone to talk to, girly!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #82 
Omnom

I prefer to call myself chaste/celibate, but yeah, I'm asexual. :P
Old 11-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #83 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Maybe I feel the way I do because I'm older. I never said it shouldn't be talked about. I just think there is a time and a lace for it. When I was 12 years old a girl in my 6th grade class told the teacher that I called her a *****. I had no idea what that meant! The teacher asked me if I new what that meant and I told her no and she explained to me what it meant. I still didn't understand what it meant because her explanation confused me. I was 12 for crying out loud! Of course, kids nowadays would definitely know what that meant. If what I just posted needs to be removed then I understand.
We have this thing called Family Life (learning about the body during puberty and all that gross stuff)...in 5th grade.....
Old 11-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #84 
dramaqueen
Banned

We got the talk and a video in 5th grade. lol The boys and girls were separated. lol
Old 11-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #85 
PetMania

Ours weren't.........and I was sitting next to my at-the-time crush....so awkward.

Anyways, asexuality is still, as someone else stated, a type of orientation. It's just not a form that is, as you might call it, 'fufilled'. There is nothing wrong with being an asexual. I for one respect them as they would rather focus on other things in life rather than pursue a romantice, sexual relationship.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #86 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree that there are other things in life besides sex. I had a roommate in college that was 18 years old and on her own for the first time. The first thing she did was find a boyfriend and everything else went out the window. She ended up marrying the guy that summer and never finished her education which to me was sad.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #87 
PetMania

I'm a teen, and right now my education is really important to me as it shapes my future. If my love life *or right now aka my crush* got in the way of education, I say good bye to him and hello to my textbooks.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #88 
Bombalurina

I feel like the whole LGBTQAA-etc thing is getting really long. Maybe "not heteronormative" might be a more inclusive, convenient label. :p

I think asexuality is about the safest topic there is. I fully sympathise with the asexual community. I'm not asexual, but recently, I've had a couple of guys ask me out, who simply can't understand that I enjoy being single, enough that I don't want to change that whether I like them back or not. Le sigh.

You have my full and total support, Olympia. And I think this is a perfectly family-friendly topic.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #89 
PetMania

I don't like the labels, though. The whole, you need to find a community of others like you is totally unecessary as you should be able to get support from family and friends.

Oli, there are a lot of asexuals in the world. I was considering it, but then I started crushing on my guy friend and...well...that didn't work out for me. But, if this is your decision, then people should respect that. You are human and you can make your own choices. No one has a right to judge you, as you are you and that is enough. Self-esteem issues are the story of my life. Just forget about what others think. They are probably just jealous of you because of your personality. They wish they could be as caring and genuine as you. Look in the mirror. In front of you is the person you want to be and who you are!

Sorry for the novel here, but I want to give my advice.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #90 
dramaqueen
Banned

Perfect family topic. I just don't feel that it's anyone's business what a person is. I had a brother that wasn't married and everyone is like why isn't he married, what's wrong with him? Some people aren't cut out to be married for crying out loud.
Closed Thread