Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #1 
alyssaanne

Unhappy Rehoming Green Dragonscale Halfmoon ASAP

So I've come to the tough decision that I need to rehome Nori. I am simply out of my league with him. He's not thriving or happy and I'm not either. Nori is a tailbiter. It started slowly at first and just kept getting worse no matter what I've tried. I have played musical aquarium and paid an unholy amount of money on this little boy to no avail. I feel I must be doing something wrong, but I cant imagine what. His fins were intact when I got him and the only thing I can think of is that he was just very lethargic being in an unheated cup. I'm looking for an experienced betta keeper to give him a new home. things I think* I know about him: he doesn't like bowls (he swim in circles frantically in 2 gal), 5 gals have too much room (hed chase the glass over and over and really bite his tail), he doesn't do filers at all, and his aggression has escalated. He used to do well with shrimp but now he hunts them down and he did well when I had his tank right next to Niko. he also did fine when I divided his tank (liked the 2.5 gal size) and when I added a calm guy. for about two weeks. then it got worse. I was gullible enough to think his biting was just boredom and not aggression. What I think he needs is a 2.5 gal tank unfiltered, no tank mates, and no way of seeing other boys. I'm torn between thinking he needs a dark space or a high traffic area. I simply am not in the position to provide any of these things. Even the latter as I don't have my own place. I'm not looking for criticism, this is tough for me but I feel its the best thing to do. I will post pics so you guys can see the progression. I am not charging anything for him. only shipping if it comes to that, although local is much preferred. I'm in Montgomery, tx. I will meet halfway up to an hour away. If we need to ship you will have to explain how that's done and where to get heat packs and such. I really hope I can find the home Nori deserves.

when I got him. Its a bad pic but he had all his fins. They were clear at the ends.

This is his condition most of the time.

another pic of what he most of the time looks like

a little worse

he did this 2 days ago. it has never been like this. I was ok with the amount of biting he did before but this is dangerous. im scared hes going to get an infection if its this short/ close to his body.

:(

*all the pics have been altered a little to make his fins more visible.*
alyssaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #2 
hollyk

If no one closer wants him, I'll take him. :)
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #3 
hollyk

I'll give him a 2.5 gallon heated, unfiltered home with frequent water changes. I can talk to you about shipping, too. I live in Nebraska, so you're a bit of a road trip! But if no one closer to Texas wants him, we can figure out the shipping. There is a sticky on the betta classifieds section about how to ship a betta...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #4 
Flint

I'm in Louisiana and I can give him a 2.5 gallon unfiltered home. I have no bettas at the moment and he would be away from my other fish tanks and in a moderate traffic area. I'm not sure how far we are in relation to each other?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #5 
alyssaanne

Thank you! That is quite the distance though so I would like to see if somebody local will show up first. And I just a need to figure out how to get a heat pack if I'm going to ship. But if nobody local steps up and I think he can make it I will definitely consider you for his new home. :)
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #6 
alyssaanne

Louisiana! Can I ask where?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #7 
alyssaanne

If it gives you some reference I'm about 5.5 hours from New orleans
Old 11-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #8 
Flint

Delcambre

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #9 
Aryia

Pretty boy, hope he finds a good home! Sadly i'm all the way in CA, otherwise I'd come get him : )
Aryia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #10 
hollyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaanne View Post
Thank you! That is quite the distance though so I would like to see if somebody local will show up first. And I just a need to figure out how to get a heat pack if I'm going to ship. But if nobody local steps up and I think he can make it I will definitely consider you for his new home. :)
If it does turn out that no one is local, I'll pay for the heat packs. I need some anyways, for when I ship my own bettas that I'll be breeding! So we can figure something out there.