Betta Fish Forum banner

Storing your stuff

990 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  AngelicScars 
#1 ·
So, I have accumulated A LOT of stuff caring for all of my fishes. I have shelving below a couple of my tanks in the kitchen where I keep everything. Unfortunately, it is completely unorganized and just plan ugly looking.

I was wondering what everyone did to store all of your fishy things. I was thinking maybe decorative baskets, but they are a bit pricey for what I want to use them for.
Any cheap ideas to "hide" the mess would be great! I would take a pic to show everyone, but it's such a mess I don't even want to do that! :p

#2 ·
you could always get the clear and white 3 drawer storage system. they sell it at big lots and walmart etc. it has wheels on the bottom as well. and keep it in the garage or a closet. its about 24-30" wide x 24" high x 24" deep. it holds ALOT and ez to move around.

#3 ·
Yeah I having shelving units now, under the 50 gallon that takes care of my stuff. But Christina is right, I would get one of those drawer system things, they look good and work great.

#4 ·
Those plastic shelving things are great, and they do store a lot of stuff.

I personally prefer baskets though, as I like the way those look. If you do want baskets without paying too much for a decorative one, try checking some craft stores or even local yard sales. Baskets and pretty bowls always seem pretty common there, not to mention you may find things that are a bit more unique. :)

#6 ·
I use an older TV cart we had used previously that I hold Marina's tank on. It has a door section and an open section underneath. I have a rubbermaid tub for most of the stuff in the door section, and that's where I keep the hospital tank also. I also keep the water testing supplies and my "fish towels" in the open section. And if it isn't there its strung all over the bathroom because it's drying lol. My parents fuss because there are buckets, towels, nets, etc in the bathroom :)

#9 ·
Another place to look for baskets is Goodwill and thrift stores.

#10 ·
I use shoe boxes and put them under my 55 gallon tank stand (that has my 15 and 10 gallon on it). I had a few extra boxes of stuff that I don't use much, so I put those in my closet which is right next to the stand, so it's all more or less in the same space. If you have open shelves underneath and want it to look better, you could always do a fabric drape of some sort that will cover the shelves.

#11 ·
I have my two tanks on top of an Ikea bookshelf that has several spots, so I just crammed all of my stuff in there...I don't care much because i'm a horribly messy person. Maybe I'll get a box or something later on and keep the stuff in my closet.

#12 ·
These are all great suggestions (maybe make this a sticky?)

I wouldn't do the plastic drawers because the look isn't what I'm going for. The baskets are more of what I like. I was thinking about checking the craft stores, but the goodwill and yard sales are something I didn't think of! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.