Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #1 
nikitalovebetta

Bossy female, please help

hi im new to betta but before i bought my betts i went through all the information i can get but still i have a problem...i have a half moon pink female who is very bossy that whenever i try putting her slowly together with the male she rips his fin and nips at him even though he never does anything to her... im really worried as i want to spawn my bettas...kindly help....
nikitalovebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Never put them together if you are unsure of their "moods". Only put them together when they show breeding signs. Easiest sign for Males should is nest building. While females show breeding bars (light colored vertical lines on the midsection). BOTH should swim all over the tank in an "S" style.

Keep them separated. DO NOT put in a divided tank. Flare female to female and male to male for about 15 minutes daily. Over feed them with nutritious food (mosquito larvae, daphnia, live tubifex worms, live/frozen blood worms, etc) for about 2 weeks. Within that time, they should go into breeding mode and you can put them together.

Set up the breeding tank. Put male in and float female in a jar or lamp chimney. If they flare and swim in an "S" style, you can either immediately release the female or wait 1-3 days before releasing.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes a female that isn't ready will beat the crap out of a male.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #4 
nikitalovebetta

im sure my male betta is ready as he is filling the tank with bubbles but since my female is light coloured i cant see any vertical lines but i can see the white dot under her belly......and she is really puffed at her belly.....and still when i try putting her inside she is alright until after 15 minutes when she starts chasing him around.....by the way i hav fed both my bettas with alot of nutritious food.
nikitalovebetta is offline   Reply With Quote