Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #1 
Aluyasha

Unhappy Death Tank...

I thought it would be fit to put all three of my boys in the same thread as they were all killed by the "Death Tank".

First I lost Julius, the DTHM. He was stunning, active, confident, and wonderful. I had him for about a month and felt just as bonded to him as I did with my very first betta, Abacus, years ago. I would just sit next to him and read, so that he may interact with me, and I him.
One day I came home and found him unresponsive and barely breathing. I quickly changed his water and gave him some overall health like meds. He died two hours later...

After Julius passing the tank lay empty. I decided to get another betta. Enter Nero, the DT marble. He was grouchy, bossy, and lived up to his name as a little terror. He was so beautiful and I felt like I could begin to heal....
Two days later I found him dead. Now I had a tragic clue as to why Julius died. It was something in that tank. It was the only link the two otherwise healthy fish had in common. I deep cleaned absolutely everything in the tank and the tank itself. I even cleaned the snail, Brutus, who has taken residence in the death tank (and for some reason has been going strong this whole time).

With the tank disinfected I cautiously brought home yet another new betta. Hadrian, a DTHM who had the ability to change colors. He looked almost like a flower. He was active and loved his pellets. I felt better, he was active and amazing and I actually thought this time I had successfully rid the tank of whatever it was that was taking the lives of it's occupants.
This morning I found Hadrian dead. I am so mad and lost right now. I feel like it is my fault, I put them all in harms way and they paid the ultimate price. I still have no idea what keeps killing them, and at such speed. I feel that I should scrap the setup all together. I would hate for this retched tank to take yet another life.

I am so sorry, Julius, Nero, and Hadrian. I thought I could keep you all safe and healthy. I was wrong. :(

Here they are.
Julius:

Nero:

Hadrian:

Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #2 
logisticsguy

Sorry for your losses. I had a death tank too and threw the rotten thing in the garbage.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #3 
EvaJupiterSkies

My heart sank when I saw you'd posted in here again. I vote for an exorcism and scrapping it, if you can afford it. Deathtank needs to not take anymore fish from you! :(
EvaJupiterSkies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm so sorry for your losses.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #5 
Aluyasha

I have gotten rid of that tank. I know I would rather start all over again buying a whole new setup rather than risking more lives trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I am just glad to be rid of that dark cloud. :/
Old 11-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #6 
sandybottom
Reference Team

sorry about your fish.that is so frustrating. good luck in the future. i like the emperor names btw.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #7 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybottom View Post
sorry about your fish.that is so frustrating. good luck in the future. i like the emperor names btw.
Thank you. Unfortunately this death tank episode made me go through names quite fast. In total it took 4 bettas lives, so that added to my list a bit. I have had Caligula, Claudius, Tiberius, Vespasian, Trajan, Caracalla, Julius, Augustus, Vitellius, Nero, Hadrian, and Nerva. The tank killed Julius, Nero, Hadrian, and Nerva. :/
Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #8 
sandybottom
Reference Team

geez,i hope caligula did not live up to his name.lol.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #9 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybottom View Post
geez,i hope caligula did not live up to his name.lol.
Caligula was actually the most shy betta I have ever had. lol