Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #1 
CodeRed

Surprise, surprise

Ah, I love it when my boys give me nice little surprises. Surprise this time? Bliss may be a marble :P He's been changing colors recently. He used to be entirely white, with a bit of a green shine to him. These days, he has a lightly purple body and light blue fins, and some nice black splotches on him. He's really changed :P I love the new look, really. I like it much more than him being just white. I think he's positively gorgeous now, while he used to be merely beautiful. Plus, I don't think he was merely coloring up, since it's been about 3 weeks since I got him. He should be all situated and happy, now.
So, tell me, have any of you had your betta change colors dramatically? If so, how? I think it's so interesting how they do it.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #2 
Jupiter

I want pics! He sounds amazing. :D

All of my girls are the same, except that Bambi is more of a rich purple/indigo now. When i got her she was more brown/lavender, but she fades a lot because she's stressy, lol. Thankfully my CT is still black.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #3 
CodeRed

I wish I could get pictures of him, but whenever I do, the flash fades the colors back out of him ): I've been trying for days to get a decent picture of him, and I thought I'd finally got one when I was giving him a salt bath! However, I'm looking back through them, and none turned out. It really stinks. I'd love to show him off :P
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Yerakina was a kind of pearly white when I got her, then she turned pink with maroon colored fins.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #5 
DragonFish

D: Don't you hate it when that happens? I end up banging my head on my keyboard when I don't end up with at least one decent picture

Smore as really changed a lot too...I need to try for pictures of him His spots have spread and hes taken on this really pretty mint blue/green sheen to him.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #6 
Rain Drop

Not a dramatic change but my first betta, Caesar, did change a little on me.
He used to have more shiney green and gold in him against his blue body (especially in his tail fin). You can see a picture of his when he used to be like that when I first got him. Now a few months have past and I noticed he doesn't have that anymore. Just blue with random blotches of dark red. I kinda liked his colours more before, but oh well ;3
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #7 
Calmwaters

Does your camera have a museum setting on it? If so that would keep it from flashing which may help you get the right color shot.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #8 
CodeRed

No, it doesn't ): I wish it did.