Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #11 
DragonFish

Yup, Supernova took a small chunk out of it about a month ago or so, but it wasn't damaged to this extent of course. It was one bite mark in the middle about half way through his tail....almost like he wanted to be a Doubletail
And it had been like that and healing nicely for the past month, but then suddenly half of his entire tail was gone and shredded a few hours after a PWC. :S The tank is cycled and the only residents were him and Supernova, only thing I changed was a moved one of the live plants a little bit to keep it burried and scrubbed some algae off.....I'm not sure what could have stressed him. Hes acting normally, eating, doesn't appear stressed or shy....I'm stumped.

Though, talked my mom into taking me to get some medicine for him this week....so hopefully it'll only be a few days until I can get it.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #12 
BakaMandy

Hmmm... maybe? D: I dunno... there are many ways a betta can get fin rot... but all I can really say is that it really looks and sounds like my encounter with fin rot and not at all like tail biting D:
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #13 
DragonFish

Yeah, looking around at pictures it really does look more like he either caught it on something or just a massive, random case of finrot. I've narrowed it down to either he got into a fight with the filter, or its this finrot.....either way, I'll still pick up some medication and whatnot. I think he'll get better though, I'm actually kind of relieved its probably not tailbitting xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote