Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #1 
Tj5485

styrofoam lid?

Ok so I have a male that has built a nice bubblenest and I just added the female for some conditioning but I do not have a styrofoam cup or lid in the tank. Should I add it? is it necessary? If anyone has any pics of what this looks like it would be much appreciated! The waiting is killing me!! I WANT BABIES!!!
Tj5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #2 
cindylou

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj5485 View Post
ok so i have a male that has built a nice bubblenest and i just added the female for some conditioning but i do not have a styrofoam cup or lid in the tank. Should i add it? Is it necessary? If anyone has any pics of what this looks like it would be much appreciated! The waiting is killing me!! I want babies!!! :-p
hi tj5485, i had a top off one of my bettas bowls i bought him in and he built a nest under there but after they spawned he put the eggs on the other side of the tank and made another nest as he moved them. You don't need anything like lids or styrofoam as far as i am concerned. I am on my third clutch and they are all doing great, my newest ones hatched lasnight and they are everywhere lol. I plan on moving my fry in 1 more day in with the others. They are about 3 times the size but they will not bother them, i call this tank my nursery :-d. Hope that was some help
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote