Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #1 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Red face Out of the darkness came a bright light <3

Well folks, after Tina's passing, my girlfriend and I decided to head to the petstore. We didn't think we'd be getting a fish. It take a lot to impress us, y'know? There was a ton of deltas and cellophanes there, some purple ones, a bunch of black and blue ones… We spent a lot of time there, seeing which jumped out at us. Boy? Girl? Flashy? Muddy? Sassy? Hyper?

Then one just sort of popped at us. He couldn't tai this eyes off me, then did this elegant surf at me when I looked at him. He would chase my finger, blub at me like he was trying to talk. He was coming home with us. He just was. Here he is in his bowl at the store, when we were still looking around but I took pictures of him because the has pitch black eyes:

While we were at the pet store, he was attacking the red marker drawn on his bag, along with bubbles and such. I even took a video, which I'll upload later. Here's our little boy doing laps, trying to figure out what was going on:

We had a long trip, and it's bloody cold outside, so we took along a freezer bag with a heat pack and a fuzzy blanket in it. So we bought him, wrapped him up, and began the long trip home. A train ride and 20 minutes of walking later and we were home, we found the the was quite scared and shy, and that, though we can't see fear stripes, his eyes turn steel grey when he's scared:

When we were acclimatizing him, there was a purple plant beside his cup, and he kept going close to it, nipping at it, then retreating. He did this the whole time, off and on between surfing at us and doing laps. He's so tactile, and every time something touches him, he spins around and glares at it like "WHUZZAT?" He loves nipping at bubbles, plants, etc as well. <3 Got a video of him playing with the plant too, which again, I'll upload later. :3 But here are a couple of pictures of him acclimatizing and literally exploring every bit of his big tank:

So, ladies and gentlemen, it is with a big grin on my face and a warm fuzziness in my gut that I introduce our new little boy, Angeal:

<3 More updates to come! <3
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Awesome. He is a beautiful fish, no wonder you chose him!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:08 AM   #3 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Ahaha we chose him because he couldn't take his eyes off us. Thing is, now that he's in his big tank with all these places to explore and things to see, he couldn't care less about us. :P
Old 11-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #4 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Little boy is starting to come out of his shell today. He's not a frantic surfer, but just likes elegantly flitting back and forth against the glass. He's also started to figure out where food comes from, so soon he's going to be an adorable little beggar like the rest of em. <3
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #5 
rmarkham

He's so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if he'll marble? He reminds me a lot of Blueberry when I first got him.

Congrats on the new fishy :)
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #6 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Thanks Rachel! He's turned into a hyper, dancing, surfing little spaz, almost like Tiny Tina has taught him a few things. He is in her old tank after all. Kind of seems eerie how alike they are! Because of his personality change we've renamed him too. :P He is now, and will henceforth be Kanji. :D
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #7 
Chachi

Awww...he's a cutie!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #8 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

^.^ Thanks! He sure is.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #9 
Aquatail

Aww! He's adorable! ^_^ Congratulations!
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #10 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

:D Thanks!

Tags
angeal