Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #1 
Stormykitty

Has anyone seen this tank yet?

http://www.petco.com/product/122934/...GGAquaFarmTank

Since in my area petco is my LFS I'm in there quite a bit. The other day I spied this tank and immediately fell in love with it. It even comes with the betta!

Gardening and bettas? Yes please! About the only thing they don't mention is needing a heater and giving the fish a little bit of cover. But I mean, it's advertisement so I'm not going to get bent out of shape for what's put together for show. It's also nice to see a larger tank being advertised for a betta.

I haven't gotten it yet but I was wondering if anyone else had seen this tank yet and if they had any opinions of it.
Stormykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #2 
registereduser

I've seen it, it's plenty big enough for a betta but as you say it needs a heater and deco. The price is steep, I think $50 on sale for a hunk of plastic.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #3 
Stormykitty

The online price is expensive but the in store price was 40 something. The aqueon tanks honestly cost about the same and you'd still need a heater. I'm tempted to ask for this as a Haunakah gift, or hint at it at the very least.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #4 
redthebetta

It doesn't have room for a filter. To me, that's a big no-no. But just because I hate doing water changes
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #5 
srf312

I've been thinking about getting one, it's definitely a step forward as far as pet store betta care. I just don't know how you'd get a heater in there, and it is a bit pricey..
srf312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #6 
Stormykitty

Hmm, you're right I hadn't thought of that. So I suppose setting this near a window is a bad idea right?

And maybe not for betta but for other kinds of fish, like a goldfish maybe?

I just think this tank is so cute!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #7 
SurfinCrab

I purchased one from my local harware store. They are big on organic and such. It's an interesting tank. My Local fish store had set it up for display for them, with plants only. His thoughts were that one betta will not feed the plants and the plants won't keep the water clean. I've put a small sponge filter in mine no fish yet. There is no light or heater. Two of the sides are white, not clear. The bottom has less space than the top. I've been fooling around with decor setup and checking the water temp. It's a heavy tank with the water in it. I'm still out on if I'll put a Betta in it or not. It comes with a coupon for a 99cent veiltail at petco. I did use that, the LFS will let you use it with him. So I got Reddington. There are other threads for AquaFarm that you can read. I'll have to post pictures when I make up my mind on the final interior setup.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #8 
sandybottom
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormykitty View Post
Hmm, you're right I hadn't thought of that. So I suppose setting this near a window is a bad idea right?

And maybe not for betta but for other kinds of fish, like a goldfish maybe?

I just think this tank is so cute!
i hope you are not serious about keeping a goldfish in it.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #9 
redthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybottom View Post
i hope you are not serious about keeping a goldfish in it.
Thank you for saying that! The ammonia would kill him in less than a week.
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #10 
gbose

StormyK,

That tank is cute, but not OK for any fish. You can't put in a heater or filter. Maybe Red Cherry Shrimp? They're cute!

GBose
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote