Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #11 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i just watched a few videos regarding this tank.there is no doubt in my mind that you could place a heater in this tank through the feeding hole.if you want the feeding hole to close you would have to mod it with a drill.the two major questions that remain unanswered are these. what happens to the waste before the plants start to grow?how long into the growth cycle before the plants are effectively using up the waste? i encourage anyone with this system to do a series of param tests and let us know the results. i was not able to see the actual directions for myself,so i am curious. they do include some sort of betta bath chemical along with some sort of bacterial colony starter,some seeds,rocks and a small pump.i am really curious about this system.i think it would be a really cool gift for my mother,but i would like some feed back first.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #12 
SurfinCrab

Sandybottom,

I think the directions that are included are vague. I've been fooling around with the one I purchased. It comes with a wash? Haven't used it. The thing is kind of bizarre to me. I'll take pictures of the directions and the stuff it comes with. You could put a heater in the tank. I have a sponge filter in mine CAF-10. No gravel a few silk plants. I'm just trying to figure out a good setup. The bottom of the tank is not very large. And with the sides not clear and no light in the top, I think live plants would be a challenge. It's my project this weekend. BTW, the rocks it comes with are filthy.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #13 
cowgirlbil

Its a really cool looking tank...... not suitable for many fish but maybe you could just do something decorative or put possibly.....snails in it maybe?
cowgirlbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #14 
SurfinCrab

Ill do something with it. It's three gallons. My first concern in the happiness of the fish. So I'm really not interested if I get anything to grow on top. If I have plants on the top they would not be dependant on the tank water. I'd have them in pots that are closed and just grow that way.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #15 
sandybottom
Reference Team

thanks surfincrab, keep us posted.in theory it should work. wondering about the effectiveness of the overflow, the pump would have to be pretty weak to keep the detritus from spilling back into the tank.is the pump very noisy? there are 2 youtube videos about this tank. in one of them the pump seemed a little loud. since they include a bacterial supplement, i was wondering if the bb colony would establish before the plants take hold?the supplement looked to be a powdered one. is this correct? i would not think that the bb supplement being powdered would be very helpful.if it is indeed liquid,i may have some hope for this little tank yet. if you could keep a parameter journal it would be helpful. that is if you have the time/interest to do so.on the youtube unboxing video there was something called betta bath,did your tank come with some?what is it?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #16 
SurfinCrab

I'm think I may try to follow the instrustions. But a betta bath, that make sme nervous. The one You Tube video the guy said that the first betta died. I could not risk a fish. So I may let it cycle fishless. I'll keep track of everything as well as take pictures of the stuff it come with. I'll do a log on it. I can't see how it would cycle the way they say. They use the plants on top as the filter.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #17 
clementchee

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthebetta View Post
It doesn't have room for a filter. To me, that's a big no-no. But just because I hate doing water changes
It says it is a self cleaning tank?
clementchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #18 
sandybottom
Reference Team

it reminds me of the floating garden by benjamin graindorge.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #19 
soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementchee View Post
It says it is a self cleaning tank?
There is no such thing. I hate when companies say this, consumers think it means they don't have to do any maintenance, ever.

I'd put my money on a regular tank with a filter.
soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote