lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, that's not good :-/
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #12 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthebetta View Post
First of all, thanks for putting so much info, alot of people just do this: HELP MYYYY!! MY FSH HAS A BIG LINE ON ITS TIL! HES DIING! Anyways, +1 to all that lil said, it's all great info! In addition, all fish store will have anti-ich meds, even my local Walmart (I live in a 10 000 person town!). It may also be called anti-ick. Pick some of that up and keep his water warm and clean. Good luck!
Thank you I got the medicine for them and put it in their tank!
Also you're welcome! I noticed all the questions people asked trying to get info out of people about their tank so I figured I'd put everything out there so there wouldn't be many questions at all and we could all figure out what was happening!
GalaxyOfTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #13 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Meds aren't needed for Ich actually, just the heat and daily water changes. So you can spend money on a not adjustable heater and ich meds and spend more money or just get an adjustable heater and set it higher and voila, fish are good.

However, that grey area really worries me.
Thank you for the input!
I went ahead and ordered a heater since none are available in stores around me, but I also got the medicine. Better safe than sorry, and yeah it worries me too...
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #14 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Yea, but it can't hurt. I can't really see in the photos but does he look anything like the bettas pictured here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90086
It does unfortunately and he acts the same way as the fish in the articles/testimonies do. :(

I read that earlier and that's what sparked the idea of this not just being Ich.
P.S. I got the medicine and it's in the tank now. *fingers crossed*
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #15 
redthebetta

Nothing to really do now but to wait and try to not stress him out.
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #16 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHulett View Post
I probably may not be 100% accurate because I just lost my female, Gena about a half an hour ago due to what I suspect may be fin rot, poor water quality, or both. Someone else believes it may have been swim bladder issues. But despite all this, I'll give it a shot.

I think it is interesting how your fish are coming down with Ich when Ich is a cold water parasite because your temperature is just the way it needs to be. I have no clue how the Ich is managing to survive that high of a temperature. As for your nitrite, ammonia and nitrate levels, I think they may be too high. It would probably be safe to find a way to decrease the levels.

If the water change didn't do anything to those levels, considder switching your substrate. I see you are using large rocks for your substrate. That will trap food underneath perfectly which will decay raising your ammonia levels to dangerous heights. A suitable substrate for your betta is either sand or pebbles(Although I try to avoid pebbles if I can and just stick to sand). I would never use stones. Pebbles are only good if you have a gravel vacuum, otherwise stick with sand. With sand, any food you feed him that sinks will rest on the top and remain in plain sight. Therefore, either A) the betta will see the food sitting there and go in for a nice tasty munch or you will see it and be able to fish it out with a fishing net.

As for curing him, like I said, I failed with trying to cure Gena so I'm unable to help there.
Thank you for the input! :)
Isn't .25 ppm a normal amount for fish tanks with three fish in it? Everything I've read previously stated it was. Also I do have a gravel vacuum.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #17 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuta8 View Post
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90086
Please check out this thread. I'm concerned your fish may have this disease that's been spreading around. Nothing much is known about it and it's pretty new, but very deadly. :(
I saw that earlier today and that's what got me thinking that it might be something more...I hope it's just Ich though. I got some medicine and I'm doing the water changes, so we'll see.

I'll keep everyone updated about it in this thread.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #18 
GalaxyOfTea

Quote:
Nothing to really do now but to wait and try to not stress him out.
Yeah :/
He has a stress conditioner for his water so hopefully that will help him out in the stress department, but you can tell he's bothered by his condition.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #19 
GalaxyOfTea

:(

UPDATE (11/26/13): Within the last 8 hours his tail fins have deteriorated rapidly!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah....he's got Mycos. I'm so sorry. Myco's is not curable so what you are going to have to do is either let him go until he does pass or euthanize, there are a few humane ways to do this. The same goes for the Neon's, they might not show signs but if you put more fish in that tank you are infecting them instantly.

What you need to do is either let the tank run it's course and keep it completely separated from other tanks if you have them, equipment included or euthanize the Neon's as well so you can take the tank down completely. You can then spray everything with 91% rubbing alcohol from Wal-Mart, spray and soak everything. Then rinse it all out with tap water and let to dry out in the sun for a month. Or you can throw it all away and start over new, it's up to you. But that is literally the ONLY thing you can do to get rid of Myco's.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
discoloration, disease help, lethargic betta, sick betta, veiltail betta