Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #1 
Calmwaters

Do you ever feel guilty?

For choseing one fish over another? Hi guys there is a white betta at Walmart that has been there since I got Jack about 2-3 weeks ago I saw him again yesterday and I feel bad because I know he is the same one he is white with a couple red specks I did not get him when I got Jack because I did not have enough money. I am surprised the little guy is still alive in his dirty cup. I really feel bad because I have bought Indigo since then but from a different place. I get paid today and I really think I am going to go get him and rescue him from that awful dirty cup. I know no one will by him because he is plain and everyone wants the pretty colorful ones. I even tried to confense a couple that were looking at the bettas yesterday that he was a rare find to see if they would get him but they bought a purple one instead. At least I was able to confense them not to get the little betta bowl they were going to get and instead they got a 3 gallon tank for there new friend. I think they thought I worked there because they keep asking me questions. LOL If I go get him I will get him a 3 gallon tank they have at a different store that is on sale for $20.00 and it has a light, a filter, and if memory serves me right a heater. What color gravel do you guys think would go good with him? I was thinking maybe red with white mixed in? Oh and he would also have some live plants in there since I have found out how much my others enjoy them. Sorry its kind of long I just can stop thinking about the poor little guy.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

how sweet and ya sometimes i feel guilty too, id take them all but id end up with so many all id ever do everyday is being changing countless tanks of water lol

id love to have a white one, cant find them here, EVER grrrrr

but id put black gravel in, what a great contrast thatd be and hiw white will look REALLY white, good luck with him!
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #3 
Calmwaters

Thank you I hope he made it through the night he was looking pretty week yesterday. I wish my paycheck would hurry up and get here so I can go get him. I thought about black to and maybe get one of those little oriental looking house decorations to put in it.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

or you can ship him to me with an orange one too! lol

is he a veiltail? or a crown?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #5 
Calmwaters

He is a veil tail. I think it would be cheaper for me to drive them to you then it would be to ship them. LOL One day I will find you an orange one and bring him to you if I ever have a whole day of from both my jobs. Sometimes seems like I am always at one or the other. LOL
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #6 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
No I really don't feel guilty at all because I only have 2 bettas 1 was the one that was not the prettiest, but he spoke to me in his own fishy way but now he is more beautiful then all of the other crowntails there (belides veil that is the only other betta they have aat Petsmart) , and the other I got becaude he was the second sickest there ( the other was already floating not completely dead, but floating) anyway my little Akiro is doing better now, happily swiming around in his bowl as we type.
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #7 
ChristinaRoss

thatd be awesome calmwaters but id be willing to pay shipping......priority could only be 2 days at most from how close we are , i think were only about 75 miles away from each other.

your awesome to resue them kstiles!

i consider all of mine to be rescues from those horrible cups
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #8 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Thanks

I would post pics but my freaking stupid computer dosen't store them.

Hmm I have noticed that goldfish and bettas are sold in the worst conditions. :(
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #9 
Calmwaters

Ok Christina the next orange one I find will have your name on it, would you like me to try to find a white one also? I could ship them together if I find them close to the same time. I have never shipped anything that is alive what would be the best way to do it?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #10 
Jupiter

Hmm yeah, i feel bad when I can't get some bettas. Like when I first got my girls, there was a gorgeous blue/white CT in a dirty cup. He was such a little guy, too. He had a bit of fin rot. But I couldn't get him.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote