Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #1 
dramaqueen
Banned

Went to Petsmart again.

No, I didn't get another betta but I thought I'd share what happened. I was looking at the bettas, of course, and there was a guy walking around looking at stuff. I walked over to look at heaters and he walked by to talk to an employee. They walked over to the bettas and were talking. The guy had gotten a little light that clips onto small tanks. I walked over to the bettas again and the employee asks me what temperature I kept my bettas at so I told him. The employee said she keeps hers at 70 degrees. I guess thats how warm it is in her house. I informed the guy that bettas prefer warmer temperatures because they are tropical fish and that 76 to 82 is optimal. He asked me if bettas were more active in warmer water and I said yes. The employee let me talk and answer questions. I also found 2 more dead bettas and one with sbd. This girl is probably tired of me coming in there and bringing her all the dead ones and sick ones.lol Maybe it will make her more conscientious. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Ugh it makes me so mad when I see dead or sick ones. I'm glad you say something!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I take them to the employee and she always thanks me but I bet she doesn't like it. lol
Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

she probably doesnt like it, but, im hoping she will start to care
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

The last time I went in there, I did the same thing. She told me she had been gone for 4 days and hadn't had the time to look at the bettas. I found a dead one then, too. She didn't say a word to me then but then she followed me down the aisle and asked me if there were any more that needed to be taken care of. I'm tempted to ask if I can have one of the sick ones for free to see if I could nurse it back to health.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Good for you, dramaqueen! I never have the guts to say anything like that, especially if they're older than me.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #7 
Elaina

Usually there is no one to be found in the fish section when I'm there, so I just place the dead ones front and center on there little "desk" that they have.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #8 
ninjafish

Good for you! Somebody's gotta speak up for the little guys if no one else will. My Petco is amazing and I've never seen a sick/dead betta in there, but if there ever is one I'm definitely going to mention it. If you don't make a big deal about it, people won't care, unfortunately.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm hoping it embarrassed the employee enough to make her take better care of the bettas.It would embarrass me if I were her!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #10 
doggyhog

Good job!!! I'm gonna get a job at a pet store as SOON as I'm old enough! Then I could take real good care of the fish there!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote