Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #1 
Jupiter

My new girl!

Today I went to the fishstore BakaMandy got her gorgeous HM from in hopes that they still had some.

Well, they had one left, but he was dead! Poor guy had fungus all over him. He looked terrible, and I feel a little bad that I couldn't have gone in sooner to save him.

Apart from that, they had a few nice VTs. One that caught my eye was a blue/teal boy with green and yellow fins.
A very colourful lady came up and started talking to me a bit. She had similar eyeshadow to the VT, lol. She was talking to me on how to choose a betta, she was pointing out the sick ones for me to avoid (one guy was vertical in his cup, and another seemed to have ich). Then she saw the HM and became angry, and told me that they should take better care of their fish if they want customers. So she saw an employee and complained to her about it.

Other than that though, it was very nice. I had never seen so many fish in one place. And the last tank I went to had a female sorority! Most girls had stress stripes but otherwise seemed pretty healthy. All of them were pretty cute, though it was hard to tell their colour.

And then I saw her: black/navy body with white fins and BEAUTIFUL blue eyes. Even Aigis would be jealous. She took my breath away!

Snatched her up and broguht her home ASAP. Good thing i took my large bag today, I hid her in there. I also bought some halloween chocolate for my aunt, since she hasn't been able to go out lately, so hopefully she'll stay in a good mood if she finds out about the girl...8)

No pics yet, unfortunately. The bus trip was long and the weather was very windy, so the poor girl is white as a sheet with huge stress stripes. Will be snapping her lovely photo when her colour returns and she's well adjusted. I think I'm naming her Piquette.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #2 
okijapan

Love the name. Good luck with your aunt.
okijapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #3 
Calmwaters

Ooo I like her name and I can't wait to see her pictures. Candy is one of the best bribes out there. LOL
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #4 
doggyhog

She sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #5 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
she sounds gorgeous
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Thanks! She's darkened a little and exploring her new home. Neither she nor the girls really seem to notice each other. She's about the same size as Aigis, so not too bad. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Can't wait to see her. Congrats :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

She sounds beautiful! I'm looking forward to pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #9 
flying fish

Location: On the tree with the Rabid Chipmunk in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
I love her name, keep it :3
She sounds beautiful.
As soon as I get 50 dollars,
Im going out to get a female >:D
flying fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #10 
BakaMandy

You went to Big Als? Isn't the shark awesome?! xD

Oh... it must've been the other HM that was there when I bought Orenji that didn't look like he was doing so good. I wanted to get him too ;^; because his colours were gorgeous but I was only allowed one fish and Orenji stole my heart... but URGH I'm disappointed! There's this employee there that is always going "betta fish are my passion!" you'd think at least she could take care of them better! That's so pathetic. ):<

I think as soon as the other Aquarium store in Orleans is finished setting up from their move, they'll only have my business since they seem to take relatively good care of their fish. Their fish always look incredibly happy and I've rarely seen a dead one. Their tank conditions are always pretty decent compared to Big Als, and their prices are killer! Lol they keep saying I should work there to take care of their bettas XD Their not hiring now but they say they plan to. I'm considering it :P Although my pay probably won't be as decent, at least I'll be doing something I enjoy.

:) But she sounds like absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see those pictures!
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote