Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #11 
sparketta

How are the living ones killed?

I haven't seen the worm again, thank goodness. She's looking good - she was never looking bad, I just saw the worm and the clearish poo and thought she must be sick. I saw her poo the other day and it was tan with a little bit of clear at the end, so I don't know. She doesn't look bloated so she must be pooing when I don't see it.
sparketta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, she sounds fine actually. The worm could have just been a larger planaria worm which is normal for healthy tanks. Usually I find they don't swim well through water though and they usually just attach to the glass and eat all the leftover stuff. So I'm not sure she actually has parasites at all, just a fluke of the system.

Did you recently change her foods at all? Changes in diet and also prompt clear/white poo for a day or so. If she had internal parasites she would constantly be pooping clear and stringy and she would be very bloated.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #13 
sparketta

She didn't eat for like a week, and during that time is when she pooed clearish-white.

I've changed her foods so now she gets 3 different kinds -the result of my pleading with her to eat while she was not eating. Pellets in the morning and shrimp at night.

I don't know what happened, but she is eating again and seems healthy.. maybe I should just watch and only do something if she stops eating again? She poos rather privately!
sparketta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

How long did you have her before she didn't want to eat? Was there any changes to her life like a new tank or new decor? or did you move things around at all? Sometimes fish hate changes so they get stressed out and refuse to do things like eating when they're stressed but sometimes they get used to it. That's one thing that might have happened.

As we said before, she could have dropped eggs and then ate them which would make the clearish-white poo and make her not hungry although usually they don't flat out refuse food. But otherwise, yeah just watch her. You should be able to spot poop on the ground unless you've got gravel that is brown colored or sometimes it's hard to see on blue too. But otherwise you should be able to see pieces of her poop on the substrate.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote