Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #1 
zombieaddict

The Walking Dead?

In case the screen name didn't hint strong enough, I love me some zombies!

Does anyone else here adore or at least enjoy The Walking Dead? I've watched the entire series including last night's gut wrenching mid-season mess with your mind episode and read quite a few of the comics. I was up to date about a year ago though, so chances are there are some new chapters that I need to get my hands on.

Those not current be forewarned! There may be spoilers lurking in the discussion that can hopefully be sparked with this topic. Browse at your own risk!
zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #2 
lf0210

Oh gosh, the new episode last night!!! I cried and laughed and cheered and screamed! I can't wait till February!
lf0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #3 
zombieaddict

I know! Daryl is my favorite character in the show with Michonne coming in close second. I was literally in tears when the scene cut away from Daryl with a zombie about to take a chunk out of his head!

Was it my imagination though, or did they have the zombie of the woman that Rick found trying to steal a pig caught in one of their snares from a few episodes back? I thought that was a neat reference to throw in there.

Where am I going to get my zombie fix until February?!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I just caught up last night. That episode was a real nail biter

I hope the baby made it on the bus :(
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #5 
zombieaddict

Well if the comics are anything to go by, it's not looking good for the baby. But they've switched other things up a lot different from the comics, so we can hope! So long as Rick has both hands, we can hope! lol
Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #6 
thekinetic

My favorite character was Hershel! :C I was so hoping the governer would be eaten alive after Michone left him for dead.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #7 
Laki

I imagine the kids who ran back to the prison have the baby.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 
zombieaddict

Well they had her when they ran off but if they left her carrier behind who knows? As a group they probably would have been able to manage but when the two sisters ran off to find guns, they left the younger kids behind and I don't think that they would have been able to carry the baby for long without the carrier to hold between them.

And I know, I was so sad about Hershel! He made it a lot longer than in the comics though. I wasn't sure that Glen was going to make it through that plague that wiped everyone out either but I was glad to see him still hanging in there. When Hershel started crawling away from the scene, I was hoping that the crazy old man would find a way to survive again. Darn that Governor! He did deserve to be eaten alive!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #9 
Laki

I don't know about the comics but I'm sure those kids found a place to put Judith. The whole drama with Rick and Carl hugging and crying and stuff makes me think that.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #10 
zombieaddict

Spoiler alert, so don't read further if you plan to read the comics!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(( In the comics, Lori survives childbirth only to be shot down with Judy in her arms during the escape from the riot that ensues when the Governor tears the prison down around Rick and his group. ))

So if they were going to follow through with killing her off, just showing a bloody carrier seemed like the most "television appropriate" way to do it. To be honest, I was really wondering if they would remove her because it would be such a sensitive subject. But I do still hope that she comes back. Same with Carol. She's completely different from the Carol character in the comics(who was weak and ultimately fed herself to a zombie while everyone was settling into the prison), so I think she has the strength to survive out there on her own or at least find another group to be with. I half expected her to meet up with the Governor's crew before everything went crazy.

Tags
the walking dead, tv show, undead, zombies