Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #1 
Tj5485

No more Eggs :(

So i woke up this morning and all the eggs are gone. Im assuming my male ate them. Unbelievable. So after researching the forum I see that this happens quite a bit. IM NOT GIVING UP!!! so how long should I wait before reconditioning them? Or do I try getting another male/female and switch them up (im always looking for an excuse to get another one) What a stressful thing this is. All in due time I guess.
Tj5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #2 
cindylou

Exclamation hungry males?

Dont get discouraged, my first few times my males had alot of midnight snacks. Ending up with not even 1 egg . Finally my last three clutches I would feed my male after spawning and getting his eggs situated, I would feed him twicwe daily. After the eggs hatched and they were well situated I again would put a few bloodworms in there twice daily. It for some reason kept my males from there midnight snacks and other snacks. I know what the websites say but hey, you have to try something, and sometimes it works. Hope this helps. I have 12 4 week old fry and 200 2 week old fry. Oh yea, get plenty of brine shrimp eggs cause they are little pigs and they eat about 6 times daily and like the water to be at least 90 degrees.
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote