Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #1 
mikyj

Smile Help Identify His Tail!!!

hi!!

I'm trying to identify what kind of tail my betta has. I picked him up from petland discounts my second time there. The first time I was there his tail was beautiful and then the next week or two i went and he had bitten it all off so i thought I'd bring him home and give him a nicer life!!!!

it's already growing and looks healthy but i wanna know what kind of betta he really is!!!

xo!

<br>

(:
mikyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #2 
magikb3anz

He looks like either a feather tail or rose tail half-moon.
By the way, beautiful fish. Hope he heals up nicely :)
magikb3anz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #3 
mikyj

Thanks! He seems to be doing well, he has the best personality he always wants to hang out and is super friendly. Can it possibly be a mix of a feather tail, rose tail, and a half moon? What would I identify him as? I'm still pretty new to this stuff, my last betta was a very angry reclused red veiltail so this one (named cellphone ^_^) is really different for me!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #4 
magikb3anz

I'd say based on pictures I've seen, he's most likely a rosetail half moon.
Aww Cellphone, that's a cute name ^_^
magikb3anz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He's a regular halfmoon, he's not a rose or feather because his tail is just growing out and won't be like that forever. Rosetail and Feathertail are a variation of HM, it's the over branching of the ray's which make the rose or feather effect. So it's not like a different tail or anything. He's beautiful though!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #6 
mikyj

Thanks -- the rays are the branches in the fins right? also I'm pretty sure he's a cellophane in color but he has this pretty iridescent glow to his skin. is that normal or does that just mean he's a lil mixed -- and with what color?

xo
Old 12-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah the rays are the lines in the fins And yes, I would call him a white cellophane since his body is fully white rather than a pink flesh color that a true cellophane would be. The iridescence is normal for Betta's now, it's rare for them to have little to no iridescence on them
Old 12-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #8 
Seki

Actually, I wouldn't say he's cellophane, I'd say he's platinum based on the last picture you have. Does he resemble the guy in my avatar picture? Because my avatar fish is platinum~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Since his fins are see through he is a cellophane. His body, yes that is a white opaque or platinum, whatever you chose it's the same thing.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #10 
mikyj

he is more fleshy than he is platinumy ~~ he looks way less opaque than ur avatar picture (seki)

thanks so much for ur replies! I've had him for about 2-3 weeks now and i luv him v much ~

Tags
cellophane, identify, tail