Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #1 
Krys

White ring around eyes?

He's has this for a while, I didn't think it meant anything, but someone said it's a problem.
What is it? and it's on both his eyes.

And yes i know, too small of a tank. But he's undergoing treatment for Ich (Again!), and i give him water changes daily. and Bettafix. He's looking pretty good today.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

are u sure thats new?
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #3 
bluebettafish

I had a betta with similar colors and fins...like they're brothers! I had to give him away to my coworker but he's right across the hallway so I visit him many times a day. He has the same white ring around his eyes but he's had them since day 1 and he's not sick. It's possible that the lines are natural but your guy's eyes look bigger and lines look a little thicker in the picture so it's hard to say...
bluebettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #4 
DragonFish

My Jirou has similar coloring, and the same rings around his eyes. However, he acts normal, eats fine, sees just fine, and neither eye is larger/worse looking then the other...so I've let it be and nothing has changed over the time sense he got them(a little while after I brought him home)until now. I don't really think it is anything....I was told just watch and make sure it doesn't get worse/one eye doesn't swell/ext.

Hope that helps some
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #5 
Krys

Yeah he's had it since I got him, and he's had big eyes since i got him as well. They don't look swollen or anything, just big. He's starting to act like his old self again. Greeting me when I walk in the room and swimming a little. although he is in a half gallon kritter tank, so he can't swim too much :/ But it's the best i got to treat him right now. pretty soon he'll be in the 10 gallon with Blue.

But thanks for the advice..or.. help... or opinions... idk, thanks for reassuring me the rings aren't anything to worry about, lol.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote