Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #11 
MrsRowell706

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
You can feed 2-3 times a week, that's what I normally do although I haven't done it in a while lol. I normally give 3-6 or 7 worms depending on the fish, how big the worm is and their age. Do not refreeze the leftover's, they can sit in the fridge for a few day's (I would say five at the max but there's no set date). Instead you can chop off a sliver to thaw out and keep the rest frozen, that's what I do as well ^_^ makes it easier.

As for your boy here, I would do two 50% water changes weekly for him right now so that his fins can start to grow back. You want to keep the water healthy and clean so that the fin's don't get bacterial infections like rot. So with the combination of that, a good diet and possibly some meds if needed he should be all set! I also use fishy vitamins lol. I get them from here: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...98&pcatid=4998 if you get it make sure it's the freshwater one lol. But I've seen quite an improvement since I've used it so that's nice too Sometimes I forget so my fish don't get it all the time but they're vitamins, what's there bad about those? lol And because our fish don't get all the minerals and vitamins they would get in the wild, it makes sense.
Thanks I'll give them some more tomorrow then :) they seem to really like the blood worms I am worried to over feed them since I just lost my Percy and I think that over feeding started his sickness so many people say to feed them this many times and other people say that many times so I'm not sure what is to much or enough lol my one would eat till he popped if you let him his a lil piggy lol
MrsRowell706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #12 
ANHEL123

blinking heater sound not right at all. I don't think that it normal. Can you exchange it? I would afraid to live it overnight. What is the temperature in your house or room you have him in?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #13 
MrsRowell706

Maybe 70 its cold out side so it's hard to keep the temp up in the house and it only blinks when I turn it down his temp has always been around 80 but with his tail being the way it is u said I should turn it down some and now it's blinking and I wouldn't be able to get a new heater till Wednesday
Old 12-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #14 
ANHEL123

Is the light blinking constantly ? OR is it like that:
When the heater reaches the temperature you set, it goes off and the indicator light goes off too telling you the heater is off. Soon the temperature drops again and the heater, and the indicator light, comes back on. Is it looks like happening right now?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #15 
MrsRowell706

It's blinking constant for a min stay off for a a couple min then blinks constant again
Old 12-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #16 
ANHEL123

i think what happening is the reason its flashing is because A Electronic sensor accurately monitors the temperature which can be set from 20-34 degrees C. The heater incorporates a warning light to alert you to any undesired temperature change. The light will flash fast if the temperature is +3 above and when the temperature is -3 below
How long its doing it? And do you have thermometer in the tank ? Can you check the temperature and see if it stable ?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #17 
MrsRowell706

That makes sense because I turned it down to lower the temp because it was at 80 and when I did that that's when it started flashing so it's not broken I don't think
Old 12-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #18 
ANHEL123

ok just give update in the morning, well it is a morning now. I think it should be fine. Give update when you can.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #19 
MrsRowell706

I will theres a thermometer in there so I can keep track of the temp I'll check it first thing when I get up thanks for all ur help
Old 12-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #20 
MrsRowell706

Update on the heater it's not blinking any more it got the temp down to around 75 so I turned it up a tiny bit so the heaters not broken it was just what you suggested with the temp change I'm happy I don't have to get a new heater since were tapped on cash since we just got a new betta