Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 AM   #1 
angie08

Question Betta is sick or soemthing is wrong!

Hey guys, i wondered if you guys could help me with a sudden health problem with my Betta. For the last week our air conditioning has been broken and we havent had any air. 2 days before we got it fixed (yesterday) i cleaned his tank and put his tank in a new location. he was absolutely fine until yesterday when the air started working. Maybe he's in shock from the temperature change? He seems to be loosing his color some. his face is normally dark blue and it now light blue. I'm not sure what has happened but he is sitting around a lot with all his fins put together, not moving much. Please help, thanks
angie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettas are very sensitive to temperature fluctuations. I had a similar problem a few years ago when my air conditioner went out. It got very hot in the house, we called a repair man then we thought the air conditioner was fixed but it wasn't. The temp went up and down a few times before it got fixed for good. My betta ended up getting finrot because of it. He recovered, though. I put him on BettaFix and he got better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sick, temperature