Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

More updates and I changed my mind.

My CT fry have developed their dorsal fins :) Their is one guy who is HUGE. He could easily eat a brother or sister, but he keeps to himself.

Anyway the fry are three weeks old, their parents have been jarred next to each other for the past three weeks. This morning I saw the male made an excellent nest and the female was nice and fat. So I changed my mind instead of my Red HM and Red VT pair I'm gonna spawn them again :) Since they seem ready I just floated them in the tub. Maybe they'll spawn soon :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with them. Your fry sound like they are doing great!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Just released the pair, they checked each other out then the female went to hide and the male started a nest :)
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #4 
Kim

Good luck!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #5 
ChristinaRoss

wow, their off and running. lol
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #6 
AlexXx

Mr. Vamp

I am intrigued by your posts always. Ive read your a young teenage! Yet, you seem to know so much about breeding and bettas. You also seem to have optimal room for breeding and storing jarred babys! If you dont mind, could like write a short bio about yourself? Like how you breed, how you got into it, how many times? where you give, keep, put your frye. Do you sell on aqua bid? Do your parents help ya? do you pay for this? i donno im just so jealous you had this opportunity as such a young kid. I wish i was 12 years younger and could get into such a great hobby and know so very much! I dont care if you make it public, but im sure others would be interested, but id love to know alot of these questions and more! :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with AlexXx. :)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Ok here goes :)

I was born in a log cabin 13 years ago LOL j/k j/k :P

Ok so how I got into this hobby, when I was five I got a five gallon fish tank for christmas (thanks Santa XP ). My dad set it up and I bought a blue with red wash VT male. He lived for about a year and was always fun to watch. Fast forward a year I got another blue with red wash VT male, he lived for three years. Then when he died I never did get another fish. Then just a year ago I bought Namu, then Nalla, then Kalina, soon I had several jars and a female community. Some died from unknown diseases. Then I bought a book at PetCo on bettas (currently rigged with duct tape binding he he he) and made a promise to myself I would never EVER read the breeding section of the book.....well so much for that LOL.

I had read everything else and flipped it open to the breeding section. Started reading it, wide eyes and all :P . So I went and bought a two gallon spawning tank a small heater, plants and alll that. I also bought a few divider tanks. And spawned a red copper HM from PetCo and a red cambodian female. I inbred three times. Then I went through the dark age of no spawning (like the past few months). And thats how I ended up here :)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #9 
doggyhog

LOL LOL LOL!!

Sorry, that was just too funny. :) (the log cabin part)

I also promised my self I'd never breed. Hmmm....
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Log cabin! lol!!