Betta Fish Forum banner

Help!!

592 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Yuuki 
#1 ·
Please help my betta Swimmy is not doing well. I got home this morning Nd he wasn't moving I thought he was dead (he usually is active when I come in the room) but then he was in a different spot a couple minutes later. I just cleaned the tank last week but he is barely swimming just hanging out on the bottom. He has always moved his rocks around so I don't think he is itchy I do see any spots he's just not swimming much or eating. I do nor have A heater but will get one tomorrow since the pet store is closed now if he IS too cold when will he snap out of this? Thanks!

#3 ·
The cold water could be the entire problem. Betta fish can get very lethargic in cooler water. Any idea what the water temperature is? If not, you need to get a thermometer with that heater. Never put a heater in a tank without a thermometer.

But first off, clean his tank. Anything new in the tank can make them sick if it isn't washed off well enough, so I'd definately rinse those rocks a bit more as well.

And how many gallons is this tank? If it's under 2 or 2.5 gallons, you're going to have trouble finding a proper heater for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.