Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #1 
Swimmys1119

Exclamation Help!!

Please help my betta Swimmy is not doing well. I got home this morning Nd he wasn't moving I thought he was dead (he usually is active when I come in the room) but then he was in a different spot a couple minutes later. I just cleaned the tank last week but he is barely swimming just hanging out on the bottom. He has always moved his rocks around so I don't think he is itchy I do see any spots he's just not swimming much or eating. I do nor have A heater but will get one tomorrow since the pet store is closed now if he IS too cold when will he snap out of this? Thanks!
Swimmys1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #2 
Swimmys1119

PS I added some more rocks last week also if I didn't clean them enough can that kill him or make him sick?
Swimmys1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #3 
Yuuki

The cold water could be the entire problem. Betta fish can get very lethargic in cooler water. Any idea what the water temperature is? If not, you need to get a thermometer with that heater. Never put a heater in a tank without a thermometer.

But first off, clean his tank. Anything new in the tank can make them sick if it isn't washed off well enough, so I'd definately rinse those rocks a bit more as well.

And how many gallons is this tank? If it's under 2 or 2.5 gallons, you're going to have trouble finding a proper heater for it.
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote