Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #11 
BakaMandy

White spots? OMG that sounds like ich!

What temperature is your tank at? I'd recommend just treating him in a hospital tank at 80-84 degrees F with 1tsp of aquarium salt per gallon. Ich can't thrive in warm water nor salt. Change the water frequently! Also buy some Ich medicine and treat him with that too if you can )':
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #12 
La Reina

hecke poor Fish again this morning, the brown fuzzy lumps fell of during the night, I hope thats a good thing. He's still just floating around the top of the tank, but doesn't look like he's decomposing so much any more.

I used BakaMandy's idea with the turkey baster to clear up the food he wasn't eating. (Dad gave me heck fors using the brand dnew turkey baster. :D)

I did a 50% water change which I know wasn't recoomended, but the tank water was really, really gross. I did the math and re-added the medicine that would've got out with the bath water.

To answer BakaMandy, my tank is at room temperture, about 22-25 C (sorry, don't know farenheit).

I'm really hoping we're over the hump.
La Reina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #13 
La Reina

I just came home from the mall to find poor Fish floating nose down on the bottom of the tank.

Rest in peace, little guy.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Fish! RIP Fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #15 
ChristinaRoss

im sorry for your loss, make sure you clean everything you used with that tank, so as to not spread it to the next fish
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #16 
La Reina

I rinsed everything out well, and will run the ornaments and air tubing etc in the dishwasher. I'm leery of using cleaners in my tank incase it hurts the next fish. The tank itself is arcrylic and has been rinsed and dried. Will the tank simply being dry kill the bugs?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #17 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
I'd just use salt and hot water (not for glass tanks) to disinfect the tank. Ich should die from lack of hosts after 24-48 hours. Actually, if ich were involved, there really is no need to strip down the whole tank. Leave it without fish for at least four days but your nitrogen cycle will have to repeat again unless you avail their ammonia source to keep them going by sprinkling a few flakes and monitoring water parameters while keeping it fishless temporarily.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote