Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #21 
AlexXx

So... here is what happened when i added my shrimp!

I put 5 into my 10 gal sorority, they immediately dissapeared they are all hiding and savaging throughout. I see one here and there on the moss or plants, envy my most docile girl is most interested in them, she had a brawl with one in the corner then another in the plants... but now shes calmed down cuz they are hiding lol
I only see 1 or 2 at a time now on the decorations.

In my 2.5 gal with Chad, he is on a hunting spree, chasing then stalking. Luckily the 2 shrimp i added in there found a nice tight spot behind a terra cotta pot to keep away from the grasps of chad.

My other 2.5 with Gillian the 2 shrimp are having the time of their lives! swimming around scouting and finding food. Gillian is no where to be found, when i changed the water today, i left a giant air bubble under his rock cave, and he found it. He loves that cave and always hides in it! But now he can stay there! He has been under there for hours! he just pokes out every now and than to see whats up, then gos backin the dark. Hope hes ok!

Last little shrimp i had, i put into Desmonds vase. He was always very docile with the minnows and mollys, but as soon as i put the shrimp in Desmond ripped him into two pieces then devoured him! omg! i couldnt believe my eyes! it was pretty epic.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #22 
doggyhog

Sounds great!!! They will most likely be more active in a few days! You'll love 'em! I loved mine. Gotta get more soon.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

Desmond probably thought oh, yay!! A nice, tasty snack!! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #24 
chrisb1221

Yesterday was my birthday, and apparently my fiance and roommates had been snooping on my computer to see what to get me. I came in last night after being sent on a wild goose chase to "find my fiance's keys" I returned to a surprise birthday party and guess what I found in a bag floating in my tank? 2 shrimp! My tank isn't cycled though so I hope they survive =[ After I let them out into the tank I turned a hollow rock over for them to hide in to get away from Hector if he decided they looked tasty...Well it turns out that Hector ended up being the one hiding from the shrimp! It was quite funny to see a big tough looking Betta hiding from tiny little shrimp! After about 10 minutes he decided they weren't harmful and came out to inspect them and this morning they seem to be getting along just fine, he even seems to enjoy having them there to keep him entertained. He does like to pester them sometimes, I've seen him go up and nudge them a few times just to see if they'll do anything, but eventually he gets bored with annoying the shrimp and goes about his business. I fed them flakes this morning along with Hector and his pellets. I was really amazed at how fast they gobbled up the flakes, they seem really helpful and alot of fun to watch. If these two survive I plan on getting two or three more.
chrisb1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #25 
chrisb1221

Update on the shrimp: they're still doing great. Hector even has them somewhat trained lol. They've learned not to stand on HIS plant or go inside HIS cave, although standing on top of it is fine, they just aren't allowed inside it =P
Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #26 
Jupiter

Lol! That's so cute. Good luck with them. :D
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #27 
chrisb1221

Another update. Added 2 more today....only to find out one is carrying eggs. Should I worry?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #28 
Jupiter

Awww! Little shrimp babies! But your betta might eat them, so if you're worried about overpopulation I think you're good to go.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #29 
AlexXx

SHRIMP BABIES!! WOOOO hahahaha that is awesome!

I love my shrimp too! they are SO fun to watch! and the bettas interactions with them is even cuter! omgggg :)

glad your shrimp worked out!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #30 
chrisb1221

Now that I think about it, I'd really love some Corys but I definitely won't risk those in an uncycled tank. Maybe if I ever get a 10gal =P