Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #11 
twobettas

Awww, poor little guy. So glad you've got him. While I'd normally say stealing is bad, I've seen the conditions for Wal-Mart bettas, so I say more power to anyone who gets a poor betta out of those hellish stores by any means possible.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #12 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobettas View Post
Awww, poor little guy. So glad you've got him. While I'd normally say stealing is bad, I've seen the conditions for Wal-Mart bettas, so I say more power to anyone who gets a poor betta out of those hellish stores by any means possible.
Thanks. He's not a poor little guy anymore! He's a warm little guy with a good home now. Yeah, stealing isn't good, but sometimes there's a greater good that trumps other morals.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #13 
ricepattyfish5

He is adorable!!! Huge props on saving his poor little body!!! I can tell he is in good hands now though!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #14 
DerangedUnicorn

Thanks! Believe me, he's gonna be a spoiled betta, just like the rest of my bettas. He'll be surprised to have new tanks beside his when I go home for winter break.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #15 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

He's really beautiful, good on you!

Can we get pics in a week or so? He's gonna be so pretty

Last edited by Bikeridinguckgirl14; 12-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #16 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridinguckgirl14 View Post
He's really beautiful, good on you!

Can we get pics in a week or so? He's gonna be so pretty
Yeah, sure. No problem. If I don't get them on here by like next Friday, just post here & bug me. I have finals going on right now, so I'm busy & may forget. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #17 
RussellTheShihTzu

So, are you going to use the heater until you get yours from home and then return it and claim it's never been used or is faulty to get your $$ back? And on top of that you admit you intentionally removed the fish from the store without paying for it?

Sorry, but shoplifting is shoplifting and it's what contributes to prices going up for the rest of us. I can't believe that you admit it or the rest of you condone it. What does that teach the kids on the forum? That stealing is acceptable if you do it in the name of "saving" a fish? Unbelievable.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #18 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
So, are you going to use the heater until you get yours from home and then return it and claim it's never been used or is faulty to get your $$ back? And on top of that you admit you intentionally removed the fish from the store without paying for it?

Sorry, but shoplifting is shoplifting and it's what contributes to prices going up for the rest of us. I can't believe that you admit it or the rest of you condone it. What does that teach the kids on the forum? That stealing is acceptable if you do it in the name of "saving" a fish? Unbelievable.
I am going to return the heater on the count of not needing it. I don't like it either. It's a sucky heater. That's a valid reason for returning something. Especially to walmart who will take anything back.

Second of all, walmart wouldn't have sold that fish anyway. It would have died, making prices go up anyways cuz they can't keep them alive. Maybe they should stop selling fish all together if they're not making money. I don't condone stealing. I've said that. Employees didn't want to help. I bought everything else. I would have ask the fish for free anyways & complained & gave them a hard time about fish.

It's not like I was thinking these things. I was concerned about a fish. I wasn't trying to raise prices. You've never broken the law? Speeding? Rolling through a stop sign?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #19 
2muttz

Wow, lots of gray areas here, very little black and white....

First, if we're going to talk about morals and ethics, let's look at Walmart. Pretty much the outfit responsible for singlehandedly bringing down the US manufacturing market and good working class jobs... While the Waltons, one of the richest families on earth, gets richer and richer

Also the corporation that pays its employees so poorly and gives them such pitifull benefits that the stores have information available on how they can supplement their pay with state aid... sounds like Walmart has no issue with "stealing" from the US taxpayers who pay for that aid... all while the Waltons, one of the richest families on earth, gets richer and richer..... (you start to get the picture)

It is likely that OP would have gotten that ailing little fish for free if a manager had actually taken the time to respond to her request... especially when she indicated that she would be buying all the necessary accessories... (although I'm not sure about the heater issue and won't comment on it...)

This is really an ongoing argument in the animal welfare community. Are animals property? Is stealing an animal to save it's life a real crime? It brings back to me the story from a few years ago about the woman from "Dogs deserve better" who stole a dog out of a yard. The dog was sick, was chained to a stake with no food, water, or shelter from the elements. She tried to contact the owner several times without success (much like the OP here). Finally she just went in and took the poor creature and got it to a vet. THEN the owner responded and had her arrested. I remember seeing photos of the day of her trial. Sadly, dumb senior moment, I don't remember the outcome, but I DO remember seeing hundreds of folks, from all over the country , on the courthouse grounds, there to support her.

Sometimes people have to challenge and be defiant of bad laws to get them to change. ( And, Walmart charging $$ for live animals, most of which they just let die, in the hopes of making a few bucks on accessories, is , IMHO, a bad law.) If we didn't sometimes {challenge and defy} slavery would still be legal....heck, we'd still be paying tributes to the queen of England!! (:

And, let's give the kids and teens on here some credit! I'll bet my next pension check (yes, I'm THAT old) that each and every one of them knows the difference between what the OP did and filling their pockets with unpaid for make-up, cds, etc.etc....

Okay, sorry to ramble. just my humble opinions, I'm sure there's many others......
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #20 
RussellTheShihTzu

No matter how you try to rationalize it, you shoplifted. That is a crime. Period. What anyone else has done or will do is irrelevant. And to compare stealing (which can lead to jail time) to rolling through a stop sign or speeding is a bit disingenuous.

And that's all I have to stay about that. Have a good day.
Closed Thread