Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #1 
AlgarveblueVT

Question what heater for 10L fish bowl

Now the weathers getting colder I have brought my betta inside, but is there a heater i can get for a fish bowl?
AlgarveblueVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #2 
AlgarveblueVT

does anybody know if there is a good heater for a 10L fish bowl for my betta??
Old 12-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

A 50W adjustable heater by Hydor, Eheim, Via Aqua, Aqueon, Hagen, Aquatop, NeoTherm....

The Hagen is cheapest. The NeoTherm most expensive. The rest cluster around $20.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #4 
AlgarveblueVT

Question heater for fish bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
A 50W adjustable heater by Hydor, Eheim, Via Aqua, Aqueon, Hagen, Aquatop, NeoTherm....

The Hagen is cheapest. The NeoTherm most expensive. The rest cluster around $20.

thanks will look for that- its got to be a small one though
Old 12-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #5 
LittleBettaFish

For a 10L bowl I imagine a 25 watt heater would suffice.

There are numerous brands out there and I have found that price does not always correlate to quality (I have had two or three quite expensive Eheim jagers pack it in). However, probably most important is that it is adjustable and has an inbuilt thermostat so that your betta isn't subject to wildly fluctuating temperatures.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #6 
AlgarveblueVT

hes a little lethargic and not eating much at the moment apart from flakes-
I think this is due to the lack of a heater - temp being around the 66F, so looking at getting a mini heater for him.

he wont touch the API betta pellets, so got him a treat Sara FD mixpur(mix of dried bloodworm,tubifex, mosquito larvae,etc)
Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #7 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I'm sorry. I misread. A 10 litre tank is about 2.5 gallons. A 25W heater would be sufficient. LBF is right about cost not necessarily correlating with reliability. My five Hagen Mini-Elite 25W heaters are the least expensive adjustable heaters I can find. They have all been in continuous, satisfactory service for over two years. Some as long as three.

The first few ingredients of API pellets are grains and fillers. I don't blame your fish for turning up his nose. New Life Spectrum Betta pellets and Omega One Betta Buffet pellets have more protein and are more nutritious.

Go easy on the dried food. Only good for treats once or twice a week.

Last edited by Hallyx; 12-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #8 
AlgarveblueVT

Question heater for 10L fish bowl

Quote:
I'm sorry. I misread. A 10Litre tank is about 2.5 gallons. A 25W heater would be suffucient. LBF is right about cost not necessarilly correlating with reliability. My five Hagen Mini-Elite 25W heaters are the least expensive adjustable heaters I can find. They have all been in continuous, satisfactory service for over two years. Some as long as three.
Thats good because I am going to purchase one today off Amazon, so if anybody can recommend one , I would appreciate it, already lost my female earlier last week, dont want to loose this one.
will have to hang it in there.

please respond today so I can purchase one today.
many thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #9 
Hallyx
Reference Team

These are the ones I use. No problems in the years I've had them. It's adjustable but, as usual, you need a thermometer to set it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersible-Preset-Heater-25-Watt/dp/B00106X8QG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1386947684&sr=8-10&keywords=Hagen+25W+heater"]Amazon.com: Elite Submersible Preset Heater Mini, 25-Watt: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Get some Omega One Betta Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum while you're at it.

Does your sigline say you have a 10gallon heated and filtered tank? Get a clear plastic container, like for food storage, as big as you can find. Put your Betta into that and float it in your 10g tank so he can benefit from the warmth. Sorry I missed this before.

Last edited by Hallyx; 12-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #10 
AlgarveblueVT

Question heater for 10L fish bowl

Quote:
These is the ones I use. No problems in the years I've had them. It's adjustable but, as usual, you need a thermometer to set it.

Get some Omega One Betta Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum while you're at it.

Does your sigline say you have a 10gallon heated and filtered tank? Get a clear plastic container, like for food storage, as big as you can find. Put your Betta into that and float it in your 10g tank so he can benefit from the warmth. Sorry I missed this before.

my tank is 38L , so about 10g-
but tank is only 50cm in length, so wont be much space for other to swim??