Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #1 
Elaina

Ensuring Betta Eats In Community Tank?

So I just set up my 10 gal community tank yesterday, and I fed them this morning and my mollies were front and center when it came time to eat, and my betta Frosty just kind of hung back and didn't really get too much food. Is there anyway to ensure that he is getting his fair share, or am I just being paranoid right now?
Thanks!
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #2 
Calmwaters

Mine are always the first ones to go after the food. exspecially my girls in the 44 gallon community tank they are little pigs. LOL . I only have one of my guys in a community tank and he is always right there getting his share to so I would not worry about it exspecially if this is a new tank and if he is a recent purchase which if I remember right he is, it can take them a couple of days to get use to you and your feeding schedual.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Yup, just give him a little time to get used to things, I bet soon enough he'll he the one pushing the others out of the way for the food

I've never had an issue with Sasuke getting food in the 50 gallon, though I can also hand feed him...so....that helps xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #4 
AlexXx

I always have liek 4/6 girls ready to eat and then 2... ive NEVER seen eat... i donno if they eat scraps off the ground.. or what they do... but they are the smallest outa the girls... i hope they are eating something..
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #5 
Elaina

Well I hope he starts eating within the next couple days or I'm going to become even more paranoid haha
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote