Betta Fish Forum banner

Recently got my Tetra 5gal kit,, What's next? Help please!

392 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  isntanything 
#1 ·
Today I went out and bought my tetra 5gal kit, along with a little bottle of prime and some Betta-Bio Gold. I have a couple of bucks left, Still need gravel a heater and thermometer, and some plants/decor, thinking about getting the tetra heater for now and upgrade my filter and heater when I'm able to get more cash.

What do you guys think of having some dwarf frogs, Shrimp, or Mystery snails in this 5gal would that be big enough? Or should I just let him be by himself in the tank?

Still need a test kit and to cycle the tank, but still unsure about the whole thing, I just want the best for my little guy, been trying hard these last fee days to pick up as much info as can about keeping beats.

Any other advice is well appreciated plan on going to the store again tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
for now I would focus on re-homeing your betta into the new tank, maybe wait later in time until you've learned more about bettas in general and their compatibility and how other species of aquatic creatures handle tanks before you worry about adding other tank mates. You seem to have a great general understanding of what to do - remember Bettas are quite hardy fish and I've heard of a lot of people homeing bettas into tanks not even knowing what ''tank cycling'' means and their fish comes out very healthy and happy, but it is great to know you are taking extra careful precautions for your little guys :)

but yes for now I would let him be by himself for at least a while so he can get used to everything and have the lowest possible amount of stress.

Good luck with everything and post a picture when all is said and done! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.