Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #21 
Calmwaters

I would think there should be some change in the temp. What kind of heater is it?
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #22 
Jupiter

It's one of those Tetra heaters that are pre-set to 78 degrees.

I had about one a while back that was like 2-7 gallons I believe, but it didn't heat the water above 73 in the 5 gallon. I moved it to Claude's 2.5 gal tank when I bought him, it keeps the water between 75-78 degrees.

For this boy I bought one of those Hydor minis, but I didn't realize it only changed the room tempurature slightly. I went to exchange it and got this one instead. This Tetra heater is 50 watts and it can be used for up to 10 gallons, so I was hoping to have more success. I would buy him a nicer adjustable heater, but I have no money atm and these two were the cheapest.

I just snapped a few pictures of him though! I'll post it in the picture section after they're done uploading.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #23 
DragonFish

Hmm....yeah, if its not changing at all after 12 hours then its probably not gonna heat the water much more then that I'd think :/ Though that surprises me that its a 50 watt and not working....where did you buy it? I remember there was this tiny local store I used to go to that had really crappy filters/heaters/ext. that never worked properly...but if its a chain store....then maybe you just got a dud...?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #24 
Jupiter

Yeah, it's kind of annoying going through so many heaters. I just got back from getting the swine flu vaccine, it's been about 24 hours now and still 73 degrees. :/

Only thing is is that I don't have time until Wednesday to go exchnge it again. Unless I skip a class or something. I got it from Big Al's and it's very far from my school.

Edit: Hm...just had a thought. My aunt is taking her in-laws out tomorrow, so maybe I can go out with them and tell her that Claude's heater has broken and I'm going to exchange it...since she doesn't know about the new guy. :P

Last edited by Jupiter; 11-06-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote