Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #1 
Kim

How long do your silk plants last?

I'm just wondering how long your silk plants last. I have some that I've had for about a year now and they look terrible! I've had to take several out because the coating was deteriorating into a green slime . I only have like 10 watt bulbs, and only leave them on for 8 hours....I scrub the algae off the plants weekly or as needed if they aren't dirty. So it looks as if I'll be asking for some new decorations for Christmas, but I'm just wondering if this is abnormal or what .
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

thats exactly why i use the plastic ones or real ones. with your lighting you may prefer to switch over to the plastic ones and of course clean them every now and then when they need it.

also, wisteria is a great live plant that grows with lower lighting and bettas absolutely love swimming thru and resting in it, mine love it.
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #3 
Kim

Hmm, yes I did try live plants at one point.....I killed them :( Sadly I have more of a brown thumb than a green one lol!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote