Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #1 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Unhappy I don't know what to do with Phantom

Some of the bottom fins have come back that weren't that bad but his tail is still shredded. I took a picture of him, the first picture is him before and the second one is him now so you can see the big difference. He's a double tail although it's kind of hard to tell now. He's still eating and swims fine, he's just missing part of his tail. I've tried JFC, Bettafix and Macryn and none have worked. I'm starting back with the JFC because it's not as strong as the other ones. Poor guy has been in medicine for over a month now. I give him a couple days break between medications so I don't overdue it. Thankfully Picasso my other DT is healing up nicely. Hopefully I can go to Petsmart tomorrow to pick up more water conditioner and I'll pick up salt too. What brand is good?
Attached Images

BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

awwww im sorry to hear the problems for this little guy.......
i know your trying so hard.

petsmart has 2 different brands available

one is marked for aquarium cant remember the brand
the other is pond salt, same exact thing
i use the pond salt because its actually cheaper........but its the exact same thing
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #3 
AlexXx

My double tail has the same problem, since the day i got him hes been losing his fins slowly... i cant do anything about it, ive tried all of what you mentioned, it kills me :(
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think mine is called Doc Wellfish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #5 
Kim

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems with Phantom. Have you looked to see if he ever bites his tail? It took me almost a month to figure out that my rescue Prof. Lupin was a tail biter....I just thought he had the worst case of fin rot known to man.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah I was thinking it could be that but I've never seen him do it. I bought API Aquarium salt tonight and I'll start treating him with that after he's done with the JFC. I've heard that sometimes they'll bite their tails when they see another betta and he was in the same tank with Picasso so now he's in his own tank.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote