Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #1 
FLARE1516

Question twitchy and not eating

I cleaned my tank as usual...not using anything different, just same routine but Flare has just been lathargic kinda floating at top of water since. i move towards him and he begins to twitch and go crazy, even put my finger to the tank and the slightest tap he twitches. He is not eating and the food i do put in there he does interact with it and kinda twitches his body on it and swims off. Then he may come back to it and pushes it with his mouth but never opens his mouth to try and eat. He's just not acting right. Any thoughts???
FLARE1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It sounds like the water might be too cold for him...do you have a thermometer? The temperature should be about 78-82.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #3 
FLARE1516

well i have warmed the water for the last two days and he is still not acting right...he just hangs out at the top of the water..barely moving every now and then. his back is arched if that makes any sense...like his mouth is at the top of water then his back is swayed down and his tail is at the top of water...then he seems to relax and his tail kinda sinks down...i dunno can't figure what's up...kinda worried!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #4 
FLARE1516

Unhappy Please help

I am updating information concerning Flare. It has been a week or more since i posted my last concern and he is no better...still not eating and just...well just not doing his usual swimming around...i mean i can't even get him to react to his reflection in a mirror...he turns his head and swims to another corner of tank. I have changed water...i have warmed water...i have added bubbles...i just don't know what to do. I held a blood worm in front of his face even touched his mouth with it and no reaction. He doesn't appear like anything is on his body (parasites etc)...i dunno...today i was going to take him out of tank so i could clean out the uneaten food at bottom and he went nuts and jumped out of tank and fell to the ground (about3 feet)...i got him back in the net and in water and he twitched and carried on for a while but then settled back down...i dunno...anybody have any suggestions...i just don't know what to do.
Thanks!