Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Should I move him....?

So, Vald sits in a spot in my room where this is...quite a bit of activity from me. I'm walking all around him, setting things in front of him, ext. And he....has gotten extremely spazzy O.o; I mean, he was a little more sensitive at first of course, but over the past couple days its progressed to the slightest movement from me that just almost may be borderline sudden(standing up, setting a mug of tea in front of his tank)spooks him into swimming rapidly, getting stress stripes even, and then darting to hide under something. His fins are also constantly flared out :/ I'm worried that hes getting all worked up and overly stressed about this....would it be better if I moved him somewhere else in my room? Or do you think I should just go about as normal and wait for him to get used to it...? Any thoughts?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #2 
BurnishedOchre

Gosh... I wish I knew. Desmoda is in an area in my room where there is a lot of activity as well, but then again it is the only real place I can place him. He has been fairly active throughout the five days I've had him, with some random moments where he jolts or darts about suddenly. Your question has made me think about my own fish's behavior and if there might be something related that may be causing it... thank you for bringing this up! I hope someone can give you an experienced answer. :) You have absolutely gorgeous fish by the way. :D
BurnishedOchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #3 
DragonFish

Haha, well thank you!

Yup, Smore has little spazzy moments too...but only if I REALLY startle him, and he recovers quickly. None of my others seem bothered at all by my activity and Gabriel(who is on the other side of the computer, thought sees a little less of my moving about)seems, for the most part, indifferent about it all. Like, he'll watch me, but doesn't seem to care much if I move my hand in front of his tank, or stand up, or whatever so funny how different their personalities are...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

The water might be too cold. I've had a couple do that to me and I stuck a thermometer in and realized that it was a little bit under what their normal temp should be.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #5 
DragonFish

Nope, can't be that.....Temp is hovering between 78 and 79 :/ I think I am going to move him today and just see how he is.....I can always move him back.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #6 
AlexXx

He may just be a very spazzy fish! My chad is very scarred of everything! i cant even put my finger on the glass without him spazzing and flaring. I put shrimp in there and he killed it so fast! ONE CHOMP! haha. Bettas personalities are just different, thats why they are so amazing :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Haha, thats for sure! I think thats what makes them addicting as well

I'm not overly worried about his spazzyness in general, but I just don't want him to be too stressed.... which is whats happening. He won't flare, he just gets really pale, takes on stress stripe, and gos absolutely nuts at the slightest thing. Though I may move him back....hes still spazzing out :/ I dunno...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #8 
Elaina

Maybe try adding some plants, or more places for him to hide and maybe he'll feel more secure?
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #9 
DragonFish

He does have a couple silk plants, along with a clay pot....there were lots of places to hide, though maybe I should look into getting a couple more...maybe that will help some...Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Alright, so I moved him back after noticing something...he'd go absolutely bonkers where he'd been moved to(over on my dresser)and then when I'd walk up he'd calm down and just watch me.....then I'd move away and back to panic mode. Goodness, I dunno what I'm going to do with him! Hes such a nutcase character! I think I'll get him a couple more plants and just keep him where he is for now and see....