Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #31 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
This is irrelevant, but I was just curious what other fish you have? Since you mentioned you had a few tanks...
Okay well at this moment i only have a 55g seamless bowfront which is heavily planted with co2 and high lighting lvls. The fish i currently have are 6 yoyo loaches, 6 panda corydoras, a school of rummy nose tetras, a school of otocinlus, a mixture of albino, green and regular tiger barbs, and i have yet to get one last "show fish" but i havent yet decided which one, i recently moved to lethbridge alberta from ontario, and this is my first tank since i have been out here, (approx. 4 months) the tank is fully cycled. Also back home i have a 110g tall tank that housed 2 breeding pairs of angels, however since i left i dont know how well that setup is going
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #32 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexXx View Post
Ya, im sorry for jumping down your throat. I was just wondering. Ive been researching breeding and reading logs for months on end now and i have just never seen such a strangely set up method. I hope all goes well! Update us with weekly pics of the frye if the spawn happens! We all love that! :D Again sorry if i came off to harsh.
I know this setup looks strange but thats why i decided to try it, everyone has there way of doing it and this is what i think i am going to try, again this is my first time so im am going to try to do it right but this kind of stuff is a live and learn kind of process so ill see how things go.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #33 
AlexXx

Ya who knows maybe your way will be the best way :D
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #34 
Lethbridge

Well i doubt that it will be the best method but i though it would be cool to try as well i though it would be cool to try and breed two sets of bettas at the same time or even just one set would be nice.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #35 
Lethbridge

okay so after i destroyed the bubble nest due to me removing the gravel and lowering the water the betta did not make a new nest, however i just added the two females to the breeding tank and the one male has started to add a few bubbles to the top of the surface, so i hope he can make a larger nest but thats for time to tell, both females have vertical lines and they look ready to breed, so i am going to wait a few days and see how long it takes for the males to build a bubble nest
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #36 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
awsome, keep us posted! (:
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #37 
AlexXx

Fresh clean water changes can stimulate bubble nest building.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #38 
Lethbridge

okay i know that, and i also read that you can sprinkle distilled water or rain water on the top of an aquarium to simulate the rain, i read that bettas like to spawn just before it rains so i tried that to see if it will help him make a bigger bubble nest, as of yet he has done nothing more on the bubble nest and it is so much smaller than the previous bubble nest but im at work so there is a good possiblity that he will have added to it, but im going to let the male see the female a bit more cause i have all the time in the world, but if nothing happens in a few days i am going to recondition.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #39 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
okay
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #40 
Lethbridge

Okay so i decided to revamp my breeding tank, i moved the divider over to the far left so that just the heater and 1/2 of the sponge filter would be on that side of the divider that way it would help stop the fry from getting to close to the heater so they dont get burned. I will be posting pictures however i cant right now as i am at work but i will tonight when i get home. I am still conditioning the female that i plan to breed and and she is showing all the signs of being ready to spawn but i want to wait a bit longer that way i can get a larger amount of fry. I also bought a new male last night which i am starting to condition, he is a bright yellow vt with with tips, and he blows a bubble nest where ever he is so i think i will try with him first. but ill post pictures again later tonight