Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #81 
CodeRed

Ohh, I saw a white CT male that would've been perfect for your new girl (: He was gorgeous.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #82 
AlexXx

awesome set ups!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #83 
Lethbridge

Oh i want a white crowntail betta but whites are pretty hard to find around here! Ya thats the top shelf of my setup i have 3 10gallon breeding tanks under those and i am getting a 20 gallon soon for my other shelves. So the male has made quite a big nest and funny enough the female made a nest in her containment unit as well this is something i have never seen. But i am going to wait one more day then i will release her
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #84 
dramaqueen
Banned

If she's making a nest then maybe she's ready.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #85 
Lethbridge

ya i thought the same thing but i dont really want to add her in yet because i hate rushing things because i dont want to recondition and repair so im just going to be patient and wait a bit longer
Old 11-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #86 
Lethbridge

okay so i released the female and within 5 minutes they started spawning she can hold alot of eggs, however the male is doing nothing at all he is just squeezing out all the eggs but other than that he does nothing but the female goes to the bottom and collects all the eggs now im not sure if she is eating them or putting them in the nest, and if this keeps up im not sure if i should leave the female in to take care of the eggs or just leave the male? i have never come across this yet that the male didnt do anything. anyone have any suggestions also i posted a crappy pic of the embrace but i cant get a better one cause the tank is so low to the ground
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #87 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe after a few embraces he'll start picking them up.
I HAVE heard of females taking care of fry but its very rare.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #88 
Lethbridge

No he is not learning they have had 20+ embraces already and still the female does it all she blows them into the bubbles! the female has alot of eggs i was conditioning her for 3+ weeks so they were pretty full of eggs i just hope the male takes care of the eggs or that would suck, but we'll see how it goes, what are the chances of the eggs hatching if they remain on the floor?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #89 
Lethbridge

okay so here is another picture of the embrace but remember its not that good! the females has now been removed for her protection she only managed to get one small injury because i didnt manage to get her out on time and the male attacked her for a quick second but she escaped to the plants nothing a little tlc cant handle. I know the nest is not very big but it is super thick and he would only make it thick not big oh well
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #90 
Lethbridge

okay just a quick question will eggs hatch if they are just on the bottom of the aquarium or if they are just floating on the surface not in s bubble? or will they only hatch if they were in a bubble?