Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #11 
CodeRed

Oh, no. Loki and Flash have never bitten anyone. (: They're both very gentle, though I have more experience with Loki at the moment. So far, he hasn't even hissed at me.

Edit: Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to figure out what gender it is unless you get... kind of personal with him ;x I'd like him to be older before I do anything like that, lol. Besides, it can be dangerous for the snake, so I'll wait until he's not a fragile. Good idea though. Maybe I'll try that to figure out what color pattern he is.

Last edited by CodeRed; 11-08-2009 at 11:18 PM.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #12 
Elaina

Well I have 2 cats, tabbies Gabby and Suzie, and I have 2 dogs Bruno a Welsh Terrier and Harvey a retired racer Greyhound. I also have 2 foster kittens Randy and Amber, and have fostered 7 litters of kittens so far this year! Whew!

@Codered-For sexing cornsnakes if you're going to do it by everting the hemipenes, it should be done when they are young, but only by someone experienced. If you're going to probe(which should also be done by someone experienced) you want to wait until they're a little bit older. He looks like a normal to me, but their true colors don't really show until they're older. I used to have several cornsnakes and a ball python myself
Attached Images

Last edited by Elaina; 11-08-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #13 
Puremuttz

My other pets....

Martha - 5 year old gray tabby female. She's moody but sweet when she wants to be. Adopted her from the rescue I volunteered with, because no one was showing interest in her.

Jethro - 9 year old brown & white tabby male. He was a stray that wandered onto our patio and never left. He is attached to me but is cautious of my husband, and completely afraid of guests. ((Picture is from when he was still a stray. He's a slimmer, indoor-only cat now. LOL))

My trio of rats: Johnny, Nigel, and Shadow. Two males and a spayed female. Shadow is the mostly white one, and the female of the group. They are all about to turn 2 years old in December (which makes them seniors).

And an extra of Shadow, just because everyone seems to find her pretty adorable, even if they don't like rats. :P She's from a breeder, but I adopted her. She's a dumbo earred possum-marked rat. Makes her stand out from my two standard earred, black hooded boys.
Puremuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #14 
Elaina

Aww Martha is such a cutie, I have a soft spot for the tabby girls. I found my girl Gabby after someone dumped her and her litter of kittens behind my work, and then I adopted Suzie when she came in to my work (vet hospital) to be spayed from the local animal control.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice pics of the cats and rats. The pic of Shadow is so cute!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #16 
MidnightAngel

Cute idea for a thread! Everyone's animals are cute, and very nice snake codered, I always liked snakes, but never kept anything more than those garden snakes! lol

Here's my Baby, he's back home though
Unfortunately, the military doesn't let you bring along animals at first!
But someday when I have a place I'm bringing him out here Bet he'd love the new fish!!
Name:  baby.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  65.0 KB
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #17 
HopeInHeart

Oh I love this post! I wish I could post photos, but right now descriptions will have to do.

I have my two bettas of course, Noel and Toby.

I have an almost 11-year-old lab/husky cross named Abby that we've had since she was 8 weeks old. Our cats love to rub on her. She's not in very good shape, she's been injured soooo many times. She's a good old farm dog.

Sweetheart Lucy, aka Sweetie, is my darling Appaloosa mare. She's kind of a red dun, mostly white with red freckles, red ears, red on her face, and some of her legs. I've used her for gaming for two years but she is getting too old and sore for that, so she'll just be my trail horse and maybe some cow stuff since she likes that.

Winnie the Pooh aka Winnie is my miniature horse. She is brown/tan with a cream colored mane and tail. She loves hugs and is way smarter than any horse should be. Winnie can also be a brat and escapes the fence whenever she wants, but I love her anyways.

We also keep my friend's two horses for them, Honey and Tinkerbell.

And my cats.. (I love all the cat posts on here!)
Iceman and Summer are our two indoor cats. Iceman is a grey medium-hair with stunning green eyes, Summer is a pure white short hair with green eyes. (they may be related)

Tarragon and Shiloh are the outdoor cats. Tarragon is an orange longhair and she likes to have her belly rubbed. Shiloh is my baby, a brownish shorthair who jumps on me if he wants to be held and I don't pick him up.

Anyways, that's all of them.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #18 
dr2b

I love all the cats. I can't say it enough. I like dogs too - but no offense to the dog owners ... I am just a cat person. I do find dogs cute though :) The rats a week ago I would have gone omg to. But in my behavior modification class we are currently training a rat to do things. This is the rat before she fell asleep against me last week during lecture :)

It made me want some of my own - they are pretty adorable lil things lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have heard that rats are wonderful pets. They're very social and gentle.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #20 
dr2b

This one will sit on my professor shoulder during class. She is very active and quick.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote