Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #51 
gahooie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
I would say I'm a big cat person, even though Smokey's been my only one. I just love how they think they're the center of the universe, lol. So much personality.

I like dogs too, but mostly looking at them and not actually taking care of them. Their smell ind of bothers me.
I think it has a lot to do with how well they are groomed. My last two dogs I had did not stink but they had their own unique scent. My grandmother's dog always smells nice. Then again, she has a very "frou frou" dog that she pampers like its her baby (funny because her name IS Baby). And her fur smells better than my hair. And that's quite sad.
gahooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #52 
Jupiter

Lol! Every animal has their own specific scent anyway. And of course, some of them stink more than others-I used to have a best friend who had the sweetest cat, but he STANK.

But just overall, dogs have a specific scent that I don't like. Even if it's faint, it still bothers me. Same thing with hamsters. My sister used to have a pair of dwarf hamsters. Very cute, but I didn't like their smell.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #53 
dramaqueen
Banned

My neighbor has a bichon frise and she doesn't keep up with her grooming and she smells so bad sometimes I can't hardly stand it! She's always dirty. Her owner won't put out the money that it takes to keep up a dog like that. That poor dog sits in front of me and pants and her breath is bad enough to kill an elephant!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #54 
SaylorKennedy

Bandit gets his hair cut every 5-6 weeks otherwise he gets really shaggy, so he never smells bad. And I brush his teeth all the time so his breath smells good, lol, he likes the bacon flavored toothpaste. I have a thing about teeth, though, it is why I want to be a dentist. :D
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #55 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, I wish my neighbor would brush her dog's teeth! Her breath STINKS!! lol
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #56 
Jupiter

My cat's breath smells horrid too. But all hell breaks loose if you try to groom him.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #57 
vaygirl

I'm a cat person too. I lost my girl of 17 years and that's why we got my Basset Hound Molly (who I LOVE). Bugs (my old girl) had been with me since I was 19. I still miss her. She was the most exceptional cat I've ever had. She played fetch, she'd let you hold her like a baby, she was so beautiful. So here she is:
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #58 
Jupiter

Omgggg! She was so pretty! But 17 years is a good life for a cat, I'm glad she spent a happy life with you.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's beautiful!! I had mine for 18 years. She's been gone for almost 20 years now.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #60 
doggyhog

Beautiful beautiful cat!!!!!

I do all my own grooming on my Poodle, so he is never shaggy! I can't stand it when his face is half fuzzy! LOL
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote