Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #1 
gahooie

Is it stess?!

My betta unfortunately got ich and I treated the tank as the directions stated. I used "Liquid Super Ich Cure". Now the ich is pretty much gone but he is laying around at the bottom of the tank looking pretty lethargic. His colors are very dull and pale. I'm thinking it might be stress? I have a swordtail in the tank but he doesn't seem to pick on him at all. :\ I have noticed that the betta has been trying to hide from the other fish so right now I have him in a separate fish bowl away from the swordtail. I'm scared that his sudden change in behavior might kill him...Should I get rid of the other fish or do you think it might be side effects from having ich? That wouldn't explain his hiding though...What should I do?
gahooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #2 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
that's odd, I really don't know, It could just be him recovering, otherwise I don't know
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #3 
gahooie

>_< I'm so bummed! Hewitt died today when I got back home from work. Geez...This is the 2nd betta I lost. :< When I went to flush him, I noticed that he had some nipped fins. I'm guessing the swordtail WAS picking on him after all. I suppose I didn't see it because the fish never did it in front of me...And maybe because Hewitt was lying around a lot and I couldn't see his fins. What a drag...
gahooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Hewitt!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote